Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Orléans: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Using promo tiles with Invasion scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

So I have the following promo tiles:

- Theatre
- Court
- Workshop
- Barracks
- Port
- Quarry

How is it advised to use them when playing the Invasion scenario, as you are given a specific list of tiles to use. Do you just add them to the building stacks as alternate choices, or do you swap them out for certain tiles? Will it unbalance the game, make it easier or harder?

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
Avatar
There is a specific list to use with that scenario in the set-up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nyfilmfest wrote:
There is a specific list to use with that scenario in the set-up.


Yes I know that... If you read my OP I actually specific state exactly that:

'PeterM2158' wrote:
How is it advised to use them when playing the Invasion scenario, as you are given a specific list of tiles to use.


My question was are you able to use the promos, and if so how you're supposed to add them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
[q="nyfilmfest"]There is a specific list to use with that scenario in the set-up.


Yes I know that... If you read my OP I actually specific state exactly that:

'PeterM2158']How is it advised to use them when playing the Invasion scenario, as you are given a specific list of tiles to use.[/q wrote:


My question was are you able to use the promos, and if so how you're supposed to add them.



I think the point is you're not supposed to add them. Your game so you can play how you like but if you are looking for the original as-balanced game mechanics, there is a specific list of tiles to add to that scenario.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pirateclem wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
[q="nyfilmfest"]There is a specific list to use with that scenario in the set-up.


Yes I know that... If you read my OP I actually specific state exactly that:

'PeterM2158']How is it advised to use them when playing the Invasion scenario, as you are given a specific list of tiles to use.


My question was are you able to use the promos, and if so how you're supposed to add them.[/q wrote:



I think the point is you're not supposed to add them. Your game so you can play how you like but if you are looking for the original as-balanced game mechanics, there is a specific list of tiles to add to that scenario.




Ok but the instructions in the base game just say use the tiles from the base game, and most of the other scenarios have specific sets. So when are you supposed to use the promos if you always stick to the lists? That was kind of the point of the whole question; will it unbalance it by adding them in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As above up to you. Remember, promo's are just that, generally some sort of cutsy fob or interesting add-on given away by a publisher as a thank-you to the players. For most games these are not considered critical to gameplay and in some cases will even break a game. If your bored with gameplay promos can spice things up by adding in new content.

That being said, in the case of orleans, just shuffle them into a standard non-scenario based game and a few will pop up from time to time in the draw to mix things up.

Above all, just have fun.

Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.