Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After being out of print for ages (and selling for stupid money), Gameseek now has The Grizzled in stock at what looks to be one of the cheapest prices around HERE.

As usual, Gameseek is a marmite company - you either like it or hate it. I've had good and bad experiences but have gone for it at this price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Grizzled £15.36 at Gameseek
Bought.

Now let's see if it gets delivered or cancelled...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
£18.28 next day with Amazon prime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dub
msg tools
That's a bargain. Only 20€ inc shipping to Finland.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can almost guarantee they don't have it in stock at Gameseek. I've had it so many times with them, best price but 'oh sorry, we appear to not have any left' despite advertising 30+. I'll never use them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It does say on one page - Temporarily out of stock

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/stores/CoolMiniOrNot-Inc/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Pugwash wrote:

Hmm. It said there were 30+ in stock when I posted this, but I see it's now at 28. Only time will tell.

I first noticed they had it because they're selling it in the Amazon Marketplace for a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JakersNI wrote:
Captain Pugwash wrote:

Hmm. It said there were 30+ in stock when I posted this, but I see it's now at 28. Only time will tell.

I first noticed they had it because they're selling it in the Amazon Marketplace for a bit more.

27 now, but let's see what happens. I wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I didn't get another new game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered. Fingers crossed. I'd already spent several hours at the UK Games Expo looking for this game and had resigned myself of never getting a copy for a decent price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JakersNI wrote:

That means nothing. I've had a number of situations with them where it's: X in stock before purchase; X-1 after purchase; 0 twelve hours later and "sorry we don't have it" quite some time after that. I've also had situations where I've ordered multiple copies of something, nothing's showed up for a week and then only one copy shows up -- no emails, no contact, no discussion, no nothing -- and, only when you contact them about it, they go, "oh yeah; it's out of stock". Ermmm ... refund, motherf*#@er?, or were you just going to let it sit there in case I forgot?

I cosign what Fruit Eating Bear said. I've come to the conclusion that Gameseek simply doesn't exist. Whatever rare bargains I may miss from believing that pale into insignificance when compared with the hassle and tarpits I'm avoiding by erasing them from reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PinkyMan wrote:
Ordered. Fingers crossed. I'd already spent several hours at the UK Games Expo looking for this game and had resigned myself of never getting a copy for a decent price.

??
Currently in stock at Gameslore and Boardgameguru. Prices reasonable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And there it is....

Good afternoon

I am extremely sorry for the concern caused. Unfortunately when we came to pick your order, we noticed that it was damaged. We have sent the item back to our suppliers, however we no longer have stock of this item. Rather than making you wait, we have cancelled and refunded the order. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I had this same message earlier in the week for something from flubit, but flubit can be a little hit and miss.

This is a bonafide genuine Gameseek cancellation for no reason. I doubt they seriously have that much damaged stock. Plus as I bought it when there was still 30+ left in stock, I'm sure they can't have all been damaged!

I've finally been burnt by their shoddy practices.

Anyone else actually received their game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
And there it is....

Good afternoon

I am extremely sorry for the concern caused. Unfortunately when we came to pick your order, we noticed that it was damaged. We have sent the item back to our suppliers, however we no longer have stock of this item. Rather than making you wait, we have cancelled and refunded the order. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I had this same message earlier in the week for something from flubit, but flubit can be a little hit and miss.

This is a bonafide genuine Gameseek cancellation for no reason. I doubt they seriously have that much damaged stock. Plus as I bought it when there was still 30+ left in stock, I'm sure they can't have all been damaged!

Prediction: a.) no they haven't and b.) Your refund will take longer than a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
And there it is....

Good afternoon

Wow, that's a new, lengthy excuse - has someone moved over from the railways to their "customer service"? that's got all the hallmarks of 'wrong type of leaves on the line'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dub
msg tools
Hah I just received the exact same email!

I don't see why they would bother listing something they don't have in stock. Well, the naysayers were right about Gameseek after all, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...

Well, I got my 'damaged' email too.

Disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... what?
What are the chances?!?

MY copy was also damaged!

"I am extremely sorry for the concern caused. Unfortunately when we came to pick your order, we noticed that it was damaged. We have sent the item back to our suppliers, however we no longer have stock of this item. Rather than making you wait, we have cancelled and refunded the order. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

GameSeek Customer Service

GameSeek LTD"

angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard King
United Kingdom
Crockenhill
KENT
flag msg tools
Me too, hilarious...

Good afternoon

Kind Regards

GameSeek Customer Service
GameSeek LTD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now had, in the past week, a damaged grizzled and also 3 damaged y-wings.

They really need to take better care of their stock! I wonder if they have a damaged stock for sale section on their site? There'd be plenty of choice!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.