1 , 2  Next »   | 

War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: UK retailers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello geeks! I recently picked up the second edition and absolutely love the game. With a little stalking around this website I learnt of this new expansion, does anyone know if any uk retails will be offering preorders or selling this?
If so, do we have a price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
This isn't particularly helpful to you but the Essen price is €45. Most retailers should have it late October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
It 'will start to hit the US stores on September, 29th, arriving in other regions in the following weeks': http://www.aresgames.eu/tag/warriors-of-middle-earth

Gameslore and MonkeyWithFire have it listed but no price yet.

There's no real need to preorder as all copies will come with the promo cards, though it would be wise to order early as I think it will sell well.

I expect other sites will start listing it before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Big Bad Lex wrote:
[...] the Essen price is €45.

Any news about the German version in Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgameguru now have it listed at £31.49.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gamesquest now say they have it in stock (not sure I believe that though?) at £36.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Boughton
United Kingdom
Sale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
Hi,
I fell for the Gamesquest trick they say in stock but they wont release the product till 29th of September. very naughty this is certainly misselling on EBAY they should say its a preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not surprised, it hasn't officially released yet.

The BoardGameGuru site says pre-order but also says out of stock, and has since the first time I looked at it. So I'm not sure if it was available for preorder but they sold out, or if it's just some sort of placeholder until they confirm how many copies they are getting.

Did anyone actually manage to place a preorder? GamesLore and MonkeysWithFire are the same, saying preorder but out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Boughton
United Kingdom
Sale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
Gamesquest just emailed to cancel my order because they are out of stock, even though I ordered days ago. Not happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
The BoardGameGuru site says pre-order but also says out of stock, and has since the first time I looked at it. So I'm not sure if it was available for preorder but they sold out, or if it's just some sort of placeholder until they confirm how many copies they are getting.

Both Gameslore and Boardgameguru definitely had them showing for a while as available to order and then went out of stock.
As did Meeplescorner - where I ordered mine from (fingers crossed) - also now out of stock.

The game was on the Esdevium sheet last week so stock should arrive at the retailers today - at which point they may be able to reorder with Esdevium - if they still have copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
And back in stock at Gameslore - looks like Esdevium had more stock to give them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
And back in stock at Gameslore - looks like Esdevium had more stock to give them.

Yeah I just ordered a copy there.

Might not be the cheapest (they usually aren't) but I want to be sure to get a copy, the shipping is reasonable and they also stock the FFG Tarot cards. Adding 3 packs of those (to cover the expansion plus any cards I didn't manage to sleeve already) didn't put it over the Royal Mail weight limit so the shipping didn't go up.

Plus, their service is usually excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Walked into a store and bought a copy, today, in Nottingham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This seems to be out of stock everywhere, before even being released. Is it some kind of limited edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
achates wrote:
This seems to be out of stock everywhere, before even being released. Is it some kind of limited edition?

No. Probably just very popular and/or the stores aren't sure what they are getting or when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a dispatch email from Boardgameguru
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Boughton
United Kingdom
Sale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
Bought a copy from a games store in Manchester today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gameslore order has dispatched, so mine is on its way.

I think there is a lot of demand for this though, as they have it listed as out of stock again.

I can see Ares doing a reprint very soon, or there will be a lot of disappointed players!

Or, hopefully this is just an initial allocation and there is more stock to be allocated from the suppliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Ares Games do make sure they print enough copies and that they also come through on the reprint of Lords of Middle-earth.

Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
If they sell well, then I'm sure reprinting WoME will shoot to up their list of priorities.

Apparently my parcel arrived but nobody was home to receive it, so it's at the sorting office.

Hopefully Wifey will be able to collect it tomorrow and it will be there waiting when I finally get home tomorrow night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived lunchtime on the 29th of September from Gameslore. I ordered it on the 26th. Great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
brunswick1815 wrote:
Mine arrived lunchtime on the 29th of September from Gameslore. I ordered it on the 26th. Great service.

Yeah same here - arrived on the 29th after being ordered on the 27th. Nobody in to collect though, so Wifey kindly collected it for me and it was waiting for me when I got home last night.

Really looking forward to trying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modernlife wrote:

Has anyone in the UK received this from Boardgameguru yet? Still waiting for mine so guessing this has fallen into some Royal Mail black hole as I usually find games are delivered within a couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modernlife wrote:
modernlife wrote:

Has anyone in the UK received this from Boardgameguru yet? Still waiting for mine so guessing this has fallen into some Royal Mail black hole as I usually find games are delivered within a couple of days.

Yip. My copy arrived on 30/09 via Royal Mail all in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony harris
United Kingdom
Llanelli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the UK sold out of this expansion already ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.