Subject: Forget Custom Chaos Bags, I want Custom Chaos Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
indy lim

Minneapolis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Pulling out flat cardboard chits doesn't sound satisfying in the least. I need polyhedrals! at least 6 sided, and actually 12-sided would be more thematic (more faces=more arcane). Imagine the clamor as you stick your hand in a bag full of dice hoping against hope to pull out an elder sign.

Someone get on that. I'm good at ideas, bad at execution. Maybe some bulk custom dice and parcel it out. I'd pay $50 for a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
indylim wrote:
Pulling out flat cardboard chits doesn't sound satisfying in the least. I need polyhedrals! at least 6 sided, and actually 12-sided would be more thematic (more faces=more arcane). Imagine the clamor as you stick your hand in a bag full of dice hoping against hope to pull out an elder sign.

Someone get on that. I'm good at ideas, bad at execution. Maybe some bulk custom dice and parcel it out. I'd pay $50 for a set.

What are you asking for, here? You want dice, all with the same sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is indeed a pretty neat idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why stop at dice? Why not putting real tentacles, cultists, skulls, and the whole circus? I am sure that elder sign will prevent any Ancient one from being released out of the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Why stop at dice? Why not putting real tentacles, cultists, skulls, and the whole circus? I am sure that elder sign will prevent any Ancient one from being released out of the bag.

Chaos bag dumpster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
The real solution,of course, is custom bingo balls and a bingo machine. Chaos at the touch of a button (or turning wheel if mechanical)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
*click* Its.. ITS MY TRACKING #!
mbmbmbmbmb
Three words: Magic Eight ball.

Just kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:

Too easy to distinguish by touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
indy lim

Minneapolis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bryan Fischer wrote:
indylim wrote:

What are you asking for, here? You want dice, all with the same sides?

Essentially yes. Thinking about it further, I guess I could just paint numbers/symbols on glass beads or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want chaos pogs for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure someone will come along and make a set of acrylic tokens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, actually this is a very cool idea, like it a lot!

What about something like this site:
http://eu.q-workshop.com/customdice

They even offer custom D4 dice, which I think would also be great to grab out of the bag and line up in front of you in a little pyramid parade of elder signs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
indylim wrote:

This is a great idea! One of the reasons I like Pandemic The Cure is precisely the big bag of dice and the dread one feels every time they draw from it and roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Arbogast
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know the ratio of tokens for this? It says 44 on the website, but doesn't break them down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
gamedog wrote:
Nushura wrote:

Too easy to distinguish by touch.

That only matters if you're the one doing the grabbing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:

They even offer custom D4 dice, which I think would also be great to grab out of the bag and line up in front of you in a little pyramid parade of elder signs...

This is something I'm actually thinking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
SirWillibald wrote:

This is something I'm actually thinking about.

Do anyone have a rough idea how much they charge for small batches of custom dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parrish
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team Covenant did say on their facebook that they will be doing special chaos bag tokens. No details yet on what they'll be like, but I'm really hoping they'll be laser etched wood tokens, like their Game of Thrones tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.