Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,

I have a problem and I don't know what to do. Can somebody help me? Does anyone has already faced something like that? Here is my case:

I pledged a game on Kickstarter to pick up on Essen 2015. However, Eagle Gryphon didn't finish the games production on time, so they asked me to pay a little bit more to delivery it to my country (Brazil).

They started to ship the games a couple of weeks after Essen, though, I've never received my game.

They wrote me on August 17th, 2015 saying they were unable to be ready for Essen and asking me to pay $12 more to delivery the game to my country (Brazil).

I paid the invoice on August 18th, 2015 and they said they would start shipping in early October of that year.

Then in the beginning of this year I started noticing many friends of mine receiving or buying the game from local retailers. I waited a couple of months more and, in May, 2016, decided to write them asking about my game.

They answered me saying my game has been shipping using a fulfillment partner and that was the reason why I haven't received my game yet.

They also offered me to *upgrade* my shipping so the shipment would be done via USPS directly from the US by paying the amount of $55!

I declined this "upgrade" and decided to wait. Since then, I haven't received any update about my game. Actually, it's even worse: I wrote Eagle-Gryphon customers services on August 25th, on September 2nd, and also tried to reach them via Facebook on September 13th.

The email have never been replied. The inbox message on Facebook was answered but they said they will contact me via email but they have never contacted me for anything...

It's been more than a year since I paid for the game. I am so disappointed that I think I even don't need the game anymore, I am just looking for a refund...

How should I proceed? Do you have any advice?

2016-09-22 EDIT

At least after that thread and the complain on their Facebook account, they refunded me the whole order price + shipping charges.

Unfortunately, no Brass Deluxe for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Begy
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you paid with Paypal you could file a dispute.

If you paid with a credit card you might be able to file a dispute with them, though CC policies vary quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivaben wrote:
Hello guys,

I declined this "upgrade" and decided to wait. Since then, I haven't received any update about my game. Actually, it's even worse: I wrote Eagle-Gryphon customers services on August 25th, on September 2nd, and also tried to reach them via Facebook on September 13th.

Considering how long ago you have payed them I do not believe that you would got any refunds (from Paypal or CC) by now, but you could try...

I would keep sending emails to them, as well post your complain on "Discussing Retailers'" forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:

I would keep sending emails to them, as well post your complain on "Discussing Retailers'" forum.

Hmmm that's a good one. I didn't know there was a forum for that. What do you suggest I do, simply replicate the text I wrote here in the retailers forum?

Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
If you paid with Paypal you could file a dispute.

If you paid with a credit card you might be able to file a dispute with them, though CC policies vary quite a bit.

Good idea, it was via PayPal. I will check with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is at least the second time that I have heard of EGG requesting additional post-kickstarter funds. Remind me to never back an EGG kickstarter.

(also see What happen with the Airship Upgrade? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread moved to Discussing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:
Rivaben wrote:
Hello guys,

Considering how long ago you have payed them I do not believe that you would got any refunds (from Paypal or CC) by now, but you could try...

Paypal won't refund charges after six months. Your credit card company will vary depending on which one it is.

I was going to suggest communicating with them on Facebook, as they tend to respond there, but I can see you already have. Hopefully that will prompt them to fix the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, shipping to your home is a Kickstarter add-on for EGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Rivaben
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:

Yes, "shipping AFTER 1 year" was a stretch goal. crycrycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivaben wrote:
nbread wrote:

Yes, "shipping AFTER 1 year" was a stretch goal. crycrycry

I think you're stretching it a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
This is at least the second time that I have heard of EGG requesting additional post-kickstarter funds. Remind me to never back an EGG kickstarter.

(also see What happen with the Airship Upgrade? )

The same thing happened to me with The Gallerist KS. Scam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.