Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
In my fourth game, this happened.

* Me reading rulebook between turns *
* Does a double-take *

Me: "Wait, WHAT?!?! Um ... so we've been doing Production cards all wrong ... you get the Production value as soon as you play the card, in addition to any Building Bonus."

* blank stares and agape mouths *

Me: "Oh no .... oohhhh noooo ... I think the game just doubled in length."

And the rulebook was quite blatant about that rule, I don't know why I missed it. I blame my brain just tying Production to Production Phase, and Building Bonus to building alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:

* Does a double-take *

Me: "Wait, WHAT?!?! Um ... so we've been doing Production cards all wrong ... you get the Production value as soon as you play the card, in addition to any Building Bonus."

And the rulebook was quite blatant about that rule, I don't know why I missed it. I blame my brain just tying Production to Production Phase, and Building Bonus to building alone.

Same applies to Deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

Same applies to Deals.

That I knew. Deals were very important in the first round, I thought. Now, not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:

* Does a double-take *

We missed this rule the first few times as well. Not the best organized rulebook in the world. Yes, the information is all there, but it seems to be written in a way that makes it easy to miss important details like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, there's not need for a 4P game to last over 60 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:

Are you saying that you can finish a 4P Imperial Settlers game in 60 minutes? wow

That would equal only 15 minutes of play time per player for 5 ages, which means 3 minutes per age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules do suggest that you play in tandem, not sequentially. I have only played this game solo, however, and it takes me on average 20 minutes for 3 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

Are you saying that you can finish a 4P Imperial Settlers game in 60 minutes? wow

That would equal only 15 minutes of play time per player for 5 ages, which means 3 minutes per age.

It's definitely not much longer
Mind you, this is with only players who know the game well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juzzo Hawkins
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
I think the rules do suggest that you play in tandem, not sequentially. I have only played this game solo, however, and it takes me on average 20 minutes for 3 rounds.

nope.... i definitely says you perform the actions one action per player rotating clockwise.

Quote:
Starting with the First player and continuing clockwise, each player performs one action at a time. The Player can take any available action or pass.

production phase is done simultaneously however,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, the game would be practically unplayable with simultaneous play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:

* Does a double-take *

We made the same mistake, and I only found out about it after reading the forums here and wondering about the scores people claimed to have gotten, which seemed completely impossible to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anness
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing! After 2 plays I realized we were playing the production cards and doing deals wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our games last at least 30 minutes per player. Sometimes even longer. It does seem to drag on a little the last round or two but I still love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.