Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Animales de la Muerte» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Lions and Elephants and Monkies OH MY...all zombified. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
GenCon 2006 saw this little "book mark" game handed our freely to visitors and yes by all rights it's a full fledge board game. SIGH. So here we are but what do we have?

An itsy bitsy little board with tiny little chits that have cute artwork of gorified zombie animals and kids with guns. Alright so it sounds cool.

Actually they tried and I've got to give credit for that. This is a simple 2 action points on your move phase and then activate a zombie. Pick up some items and kill as many zombified animals as you can. The zombies respawn from the spawn pool (which is a pile of zombie chits off the board) and when they are all gone whoever has the most...wins.

Alright so what's the part I'm giving credit for? The zombie movement. They have 1, 2 or zero arrows on the different sides of the zombie chits and that's the number of spaces the zombies can lurch. So you can either rotate a zombie or lurch a zombie. Too bad this is the only ok mechanic in the game but truth is...it's the only ok mechanic in the game.

Still this was given out freely right? There's really no reason anyone is going to seek this out and the price was right but will it be played? Hardly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.