Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flamelurker
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a new horror game to play with my girlfriend. Does this game play well with two players? I'm guessing each of us can maybe control 2 investigators each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HighLevelHeathen wrote:
Looking for a new horror game to play with my girlfriend. Does this game play well with two players? I'm guessing each of us can maybe control 2 investigators each?

It scales based on how many investigators are being played so you could definitely play with 2 each or you could play with just 2. So far I've enjoyed my 2 investigator games quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I've played with 2, 3, and 4 players. The game works well with all of those player counts but I think I preferred 3 and 4 more because the investigators can be a little more specialized.

For instance, in the 4 player game I was able to play as Father Mateo and play mostly as support focusing and helping other investigators.

With two I felt we both had to spilt up and do a mix of exploring and searching, only regrouping for difficult fights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind that regardless of how many investigators are in the game you will use Insanity conditions based on the number of PLAYERS. Very important because certain Insanity conditions won't work with only two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played first game last night with the wife. 1 investigator each. Loved it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
My 'group' is me and my girlfriend. It plays great but even better if you're willing to play more than one investigator each. The game is simple enough to easily do that I think. I think 3 or 4 investigators is the sweet spot but even 2 is an enjoyable game... it just may be slightly harder to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.