GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario 2 (Slight spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Scenario 2, you have to
Spoiler (click to reveal)
gather evidence about the Marsh family.
There were times when evidence was gathered or dropped (by a card effect, for example). I was wondering: is there any point in wasting an action picking up dropped evidence?

As far as I can gather from my playthrough, the app doesn't actually know if you have the evidence in your collection, and at no point does it ask (for example, there is nothing like at the end of Scenario 1, where you can "spend" your evidence for some effect). So, it almost seems like dropped evidence could stay on the board with no negative ramifications.

Anyone else have a similar observation? Or maybe I just missed something in the app?

Second question,
can you leave on the boat *without* everyone on board? I know the Captain says he would like everyone to be there, but if there is no chance of a character making it, can you force the boat to depart? So long as Agent Craven has already made the trip, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
There were times when evidence was gathered or dropped (by a card effect, for example). I was wondering: is there any point in wasting an action picking up dropped evidence?

As far as I can gather from my playthrough, the app doesn't actually know if you have the evidence in your collection, and at no point does it ask (for example, there is nothing like at the end of Scenario 1, where you can "spend" your evidence for some effect). So, it almost seems like dropped evidence could stay on the board with no negative ramifications.

Anyone else have a similar observation? Or maybe I just missed something in the app?

Whether you're holding the evidence won't affect the ultimate outcome of the scenario, but it can affect other things.

(There's an Insane condition that requires you to have Evidence at the end of the game)

Quote:
Second question,
can you leave on the boat *without* everyone on board? I know the Captain says he would like everyone to be there, but if there is no chance of a character making it, can you force the boat to depart? So long as Agent Craven has already made the trip, of course.

You can. The game accounts for this possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:

Second question,

The app knows if you have collected evidence, as you cannot

read the journal without having collected one or two pieces of evidence

That was my experience in my first playthrough. But by the end of the scenario, we had so much evidence, it was basically useless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! And yup, that all makes sense.

Yeah, the app knows when evidence is encountered/found, but not if it has been picked up. So for example:

The first enemy you encounter drops the cult sigil. While it is evidence, and can be used in the shop encounter, the overall quest doesn't care if you pick it up or not, so might not be worth wasting an action to walk over and grab it -- considering how tight the margin of error is for this scenario. I guess what I was wondering if there was anything in the scenario that we missed where evidence is actually needed to be on the investigator, but it doesn't seem that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.