Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heil Martin,

perhaps help with what type of fantasy game you are looking for, there are hundreds with fantasy themes.

If you are looking for a boardgame roleplaying style game or fantasy wargame, or a game that can be played solo(that's popular), or a game that's co-op?

my personal preference for for fantasy games are as follows:
1. descent 2.0 (with the app, you no longer need the Overlord player)
2. Runebound (i havent played the latest edition, but 2.0 was great with some modified rules to make the game play quicker)
3. Mage Knight for solo play

Runewars is a good game, but it's VERY VERY long, and is more of a warish game in a fantasy theme, and overall i think something like War of the Ring does it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Albion's Legacy
Talisman (Revised 4th Edition) (lots of expansions)
Prophecy (not sure if it's still in print)
Return of the Heroes (if you can find it, it's OOP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Im looking for something like witcher, but Im beginner So Im even bít lost on this fórum, not natvie english speaker, So Im sorry for my english, I was thinking About wargame instead of fantasy, still hv it in mind, but runebound looks well, maybe Ill find some good fantasy Games And also was playing in mind with arkham horror but seems to mě like some ppl love it nd some hatě it, but right now I really feel for some ancient wargame And fantasy maybe mixture of it, thnx to everyone for help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neither solo or really co-op but everyone who likes fantasy boardgames should imo check out Arcadia Quest

more fitting your descriptions are the D&D boardgames, which have solo adventures and co-op adventures. all 4 games are compatible with eachother. they don't offer much rpg/story but it's a fun hack'n'slash

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game
Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game (best of the bunch imo)
Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.