GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,740 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Utopia Engine» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting a natural 0 after you've already found the construct rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually happened to me once. I had found the construct, but had a couple more "free" searches that wouldn't advance the timer, so I kept rummaging. I managed to get a perfect 0 with no modifiers or anything. Does that just get you two materials like any other time you get a 10 or lower when you've already found the construct, or would I still get the 5 energy bonus? Also, I'm assuming I don't get to immediately activate the construct, since I already found it in an inactive state previously.

In other words, are the bonuses for a perfect 0 search off the table as soon as you've found that region's construct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
In other words, are the bonuses for a perfect 0 search off the table as soon as you've found that region's construct?

That's how I play it. Sometimes I even avoid getting a 1-9 result, so I can potentially save a day of activating and get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've been assuming the same thing, since thematically, you've already found the inactive construct and tossed it in the van, so it'a not like you can find a second one that's already activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leahy
Ireland
Blarney
Co. Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a perhaps more important follow up question to this: if I roll a perfect natural zero after finding the construct previously, do I still get the 20 points for it at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.