Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that missed it in the "dice for resources" thread. Board Game Innovations just released some really nice acrylic overlays for Terraforming mars. Reasonably priced for such a custom item. Here is the link:

http://www.boardgameinnovation.com/terraforming-mars-1/

They run just under $8 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing!

I'd love to buy a set of these, but postage is ridiculous! Don't suppose anyone in the UK wants to do a group buy as I guess that would be cheaper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much for the link. Purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I am the great Cornholio!
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased as well. Just as an FYI, a set of 5 w/ shipping (US) was ~$50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Price for 4 to Canada with shipping is $64 US

OUCH!!!!

Need to find my own solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Innovation
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to check out our overlays. I totally understand about international shipping. I wish I could find a way to lower it. As it is right now I tend to subsidise the international shipping.
Group orders help the cost, there is also a coupon $5 US off of Shipping on any order over $40 US. Use the code ship-5.

Sincerely,
Elaine
Board Game Innovation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I thinking of someone else or did you guys use to also have Firefly the Game Overlays as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathewsdad wrote:
Price for 4 to Canada with shipping is $64 US

OUCH!!!!

Need to find my own solution

I added Terra Mystica (full set) and Terraforming Mars (4) and the total was $32USD. Not much better, but half the price of that. If I remove the TM set, it's "only" $23USD to ship to Canada. I'm in YYC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto. I think I'll have to wait for a cheaper solution. That's more than the game itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I've ordered a set, and now I'm even more anxious to actually get my copy of the game. Played it for the first time last weekend and it's really great! And these overlays will make it even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really cool that they made them. I'll have to think if the 16+shipping would be worth it. It seems like it would be worth it based on my experience so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
A set of 4 overlays shipped to Ontario cost me $58.87 CAD. This is with the $5.00 off code.

That's $14.72 per overlay. Not to bad for a custom item like this, and this quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you consider selling your source file for folks to laser etch their own? Spending $70 CAD for a set is a little out of my budget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
A set of 4 overlays shipped to Ontario cost me $58.87 CAD.

Is there a reason people are only doing 4 instead of all 5? Price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
seejay wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

The chances of me playing a 4 player game of this is small enough, let alone a 5-player game. Most of my plays will be 2-player. We are planning to have another child to make a 4 person family. Maybe we can all play Terraforming Mars together some day. Will need 4 overlays for that.

If I ever play with 5-players I'll take the board without an overlay, because I'm nice like that ... and I'll be so happy to somehow have 4 other people playing a board game with me that I won't care!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
Would you consider selling your source file for folks to laser etch their own? Spending $70 CAD for a set is a little out of my budget.

I would also be interested in buying the file, even licensed to not sell or distribute to others.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kredal wrote:
seejay wrote:

I would also be interested in buying the file, even licensed to not sell or distribute to others.

Thanks!

If you check the file section, someone has posted a file for a teraforming mars 3D print file overlay.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136642/3d-printable-produ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:

If I get this game, I will likely be playing it 2P or solo the most, so I'm not sure I'd even buy 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah too expensive with postage. Get some to UK stores like Boardgame Guru, Gameslore or Boardgame extras and ill purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGInnovationcom wrote:
Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to check out our overlays. I totally understand about international shipping. I wish I could find a way to lower it. As it is right now I tend to subsidise the international shipping.
Group orders help the cost, there is also a coupon $5 US off of Shipping on any order over $40 US. Use the code ship-5.

Sincerely,
Elaine
Board Game Innovation

Thanks so much for getting these up so quickly! Ordered a set of 5 plus a few other items. Who knew there was a whole world of custom acrylic overlays out there? My wallet wishes I didn't

Now if I could just buy the game--waited too long and it's now sold out everywhere online... *grumble, grumble*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
BGInnovationcom wrote:
Peter,

Sincerely,
Elaine
Board Game Innovation

Thanks for the message Elaine, I appreciate you getting back to me. I know it's not down to you guys how much the shipping costs and would improve it if you could! I priced up Terraforming Mars and Merchants & Marauders and it came to £60. That's a lot of money (especially as I don't even have Terraforming Mars yet!). We shall see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played my copy about twenty times solo already, I feel as if this will be well worth my money. Sure, I wish I could have gotten it for less, and I only ordered five because the game plays five. I don't expect to ever play it with more than four, and rarely more than two, but at least I will have extras if I ever need them.

They look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Innovation
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Than you for asking, but we do not sell or license our files.

Elaine
Board Game Innovation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I notice in the images that show the overlay over the player board that the cutouts for each resource don't seem to line up exactly with the numbers 6 thru 10.

Is this correct? Can we see an image that shows this more clearly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean! At a guess its because of the size of the cut outs plus leaving enough space in between the rows meant they couldn't line it up properly.

I would definitely be interested to see some better photos of these in action though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.