Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Positive Mutation Question - Supressed (No spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking at the final positive mutation - available once only - and suddenly realised something odd about the wording.

It reads:

4. Supressed wrote:
When you Treat, remove all the cubes of this color from your city.

I had been reading this previously as "upgrade this color to be like the Medic pre-cure for any character". However, the Medic removes all cubes of the color he is treating. Reading the upgrade literally, if it was applied to Blue and you were in a city with (say) two Yellow and two Blue cubes, you could "Treat" (to remove a Yellow cube) and as a result of the mutation, both Blue cubes would vanish as well!

(Whereas the Medic for an action could remove EITHER both Blue OR both Yellow).

Is this correct, and the upgrade is actually more powerful than the Medic, or does it implicitly only apply when treating the color it's affecting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd still play it exactly like the medic.

But could see where others would follow you in your first line of thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not found a clear ruling on this, but I assumed it meant "When you Treat [this disease], remove all the cubes of this color from [the city being Treated]."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ironregime wrote:
I've not found a clear ruling on this, but I assumed it meant "When you Treat [this disease], remove all the cubes of this color from [the city being Treated]."

ironregime is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mleacock wrote:
ironregime wrote:

ironregime is correct.

Great, thanks for the response! It's certainly the obvious way to read it, I just got curious when I re-read and spotted the slight uncertainty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.