Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow bggers,
I'm interested in getting into the thrifting scene, and I know KC generally has good thrift stores -- however, many of the ones I've tried have very few or no boardgames at all. Do you all know of any that generally have a bigger number of board games available? I'm not necessarily looking to find amazing thrift finds -- just a store that maybe has 50-60 games available instead of the 4-5 I usually see.

Any suggestions?
A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Barnes & Noble might not be a thrift store per se but it has a collection of board games that they sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be a downer, but from what I've encountered, I'm pretty sure what you're looking for doesn't exist in the KC area. Just heaps of XYZ-Opoly, Trivial Pursuit, checkers sets, etc. If you do happen to find a thrift store that regularly has games that couldn't be found at a 2005 Walmart, please let the rest of us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raile wrote:
Sorry to be a downer, but from what I've encountered, I'm pretty sure what you're looking for doesn't exist in the KC area. Just heaps of XYZ-Opoly, Trivial Pursuit, checkers sets, etc. If you do happen to find a thrift store that regularly has games that couldn't be found at a 2005 Walmart, please let the rest of us know!

Well, plurgh. I'll keep searching, but I guess we'd all have to move to the Pacific Northwest to find game-topia in a thrift box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.