Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Core game gives a default set of figures and command cards to use with the included Skirmish maps.

Poll
Are the sides in the Core game default Skirmish balanced?
Yes
No (Rebels are stronger)
No (Imperials are stronger)
      40 answers
Poll created by Tompy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if I can for sure say either side is stronger, but the Imperials have Vader (easily the better hero) and a pretty good variety, so I think they do have some advantage there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't play skirmish so much, but the games I have played I've used Vader's Fist group and beat the rebels every time.

I won't vote because I'm more of a campaign player, which is interesting because I usually get stomped by the rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some important questions:
With or without Royal Guard & Officer Errata?
Limited to 1 Box or multiple core game boxes allowed?

If the RG/Officer's aren't nerfed and you can bring multiple then clearly Imperials are the best because you can just play 4x4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All errata applied.

i am talking about the predefined teams in the rules, not constructed best teams.

I started another thread about "predefined skirmish" mission creation. And while I am not a tournament Skirmish player, I am looking at ways for a more casual skirmish concept. This poll is just to get a feel of how people feel about that very first experience, whether it is balanced or not.

Link to other thread
Skirmish Scenarios, a different idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo God
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with a friend the other night and it definitely feels skewed to the imperials. they have almost twice as many figures so twice as many attacks.

The rebels have more cool abilities but they need to stay in a group in order to utilize them properly (such as Lukes re-roll) and you have to remember all of them.

look at rebel tournament lists and you see lots of troopers and/or saboteurs (meaning multiple figures per card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tompy wrote:

Thanks for this...subscribed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.