H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My main worries is if certain people in my group may dislike it. I feel it could potentially lead to hurt feelings or a bit of nastiness from some people.

I worry it could fall flat too, depending on the group.

Lastly, I worry a bit about replay. What if we get into a groove with the same group and games start having a really similar vibe in terms of the deals made?

Also, are there any similar free form negotiation games? Or good negotiation games in general? (excluding Sheriff of Nottingham, Cosmic Encounter, Bohnanza and Catan as I've played them all and have some various issues with them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The design of Nothing Personal was inspired by this game if I remember correctly.
Also, you may want to look at Chinatown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are always the problem with any negotiation game. Chinatown feels way drier, and unless you are playing with the old Alea rules, or the Westbank gamers variant, things are really calculatable at the end. I'm the boss, due to the Stop, Vacation, and I'm the Boss cards moves a lot faster, and doesn't have that problem. Does have the backstabbing problem. But it happens so much, feelings don't tend to get as hurt, as in something like Intrigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Those are always the problem with any negotiation game. Chinatown feels way drier, and unless you are playing with the old Alea rules, or the Westbank gamers variant, things are really calculatable at the end.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/8246/chinatown-rules-w-er...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.