Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Turns out you can't leave a suitcase bomb on the street these days before someone's ripped it off, foiling your second pressure cooker bomb.

Surprising thing, the thieves opened the suitcase, left the explosive device, but STILL STOLE THE ROLLING SUITCASE. That is true devotion to their craft. NYC, we salute you on the massive cojones of your thieves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
What an asshole. Put the damn bomb in a dumpster just to steal a suitcase? I hope they find him and prosecute him. If he hadn't accidentally defused it, then he would be in even more trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
tmcvey wrote:
Turns out you can't leave a suitcase bomb on the street these days before someone's ripped it off, foiling your second pressure cooker bomb.

Surprising thing, the thieves opened the suitcase, left the explosive device, but STILL STOLE THE ROLLING SUITCASE. That is true devotion to their craft. NYC, we salute you on the massive cojones of your thieves.

Is this a great country or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
What an asshole. Put the damn bomb in a dumpster just to steal a suitcase? I hope they find him and prosecute him. If he hadn't accidentally defused it, then he would be in even more trouble.

It was two guys.

At least the thieves in NJ called it in. But the NYC thieves you'd think would have thought "shit, we better not get more of our prints on this".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why we don't profile pressure cooker purchases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
They need to be registered, background check, waiting list and lets talk about banning.

You don't NEED ONE, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes folks, thieves, the people you want to have not be a controlled entity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
They need to be registered, background check, waiting list and lets talk about banning.

I have a pressure cooker, I'll register it if need be. If it prevents me from being implicated in a crime and allows me to keep ownership then register away. I've got nothing to hide so background checks are aok with me. As for banning, there are other ways to cook food, so if the consensus is they aren't worth the risk, I'll move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tstone wrote:

You wouldn't say that after you're eaten short ribs cooked in BBQ sauce in a pressure cooker. Mmmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I have a pressure cooker, I'll register it if need be. If it prevents me from being implicated in a crime and allows me to keep ownership then register away. I've got nothing to hide so background checks are aok with me. As for banning, there are other ways to cook food, so if the consensus is they aren't worth the risk, I'll move on.[/q]

No, I think you guys are missing the point. You need a pressure cooker for its locking seal in a bomb, just like a pipe bomb. These two items could be easily flagged at the time of purchase.

So, anyone paying cash for these items would need to fill out forms and provide ID. All others would get tracked at the POS and flagged for more investigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
tstone wrote:

You wouldn't say that after you're eaten short ribs cooked in BBQ sauce in a pressure cooker. Mmmmm.

Ribs in a pressure cooker ? what are you some kind of psycho ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Spuds, carrots, short ribs, ketchup or bbq sauce, red chili flakes, cider vinegar. Cook in a pressure cooker for 40 minutes. Meat falls apart, and the flavors blend really well.

Pressure cookers are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a cold, and I think I might have some more colds in the future, so I would like to buy 25 packages of Sudafed, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the two men who found a bag containing a bomb in Chelsea, stole the bag, and left the bomb are EgyptAir security guards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/nyregion/2-men-who-found-b...

(Or was this a different bombing. I think it was this one.)

"...the men were seen pulling from the travel bag a white plastic bag that contained a pressure cooker connected to wires and a mobile phone. They left the white bag on the sidewalk and walked away with the travel bag. The bomb did not explode, and investigators have said that the men may have inadvertently disabled the device. ...

'He opened the bag to check it out and found a pot.'

Mr. Ali did not want to go to the trouble of flying the pot back to Cairo, the official said, so he put it aside and left with the travel bag. ...

American investigators have not been able to interview them, the officials said. ...

In March, a passenger wearing a fake explosives belt hijacked a domestic EgyptAir flight and diverted it to Cyprus. ...

In May, EgyptAir Flight 804 plunged into the Mediterranean, en route to Cairo from Paris, killing all 66 people on board. The cause of the crash is still under investigation. ...

Before the identities of the men who found the bag were revealed, Dina el-Fouly, a spokeswoman for EgyptAir, said that they were not EgyptAir workers and that the men shown in the surveillance footage did not resemble any of their employees. ...

Mr. Radwan's last public post on Facebook came a day before the attacks in New York and New Jersey. It is a video of a man urging people not to associate Islam with terrorism."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:
Apparently the two men who found a bag containing a bomb in Chelsea, stole the bag, and left the bomb are EgyptAir security guards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/nyregion/2-men-who-found-b...

(Or was this a different bombing. I think it was this one.)

"...the men were seen pulling from the travel bag a white plastic bag that contained a pressure cooker connected to wires and a mobile phone. They left the white bag on the sidewalk and walked away with the travel bag. The bomb did not explode, and investigators have said that the men may have inadvertently disabled the device. ...

'He opened the bag to check it out and found a pot.'

Mr. Ali did not want to go to the trouble of flying the pot back to Cairo, the official said, so he put it aside and left with the travel bag. ...

American investigators have not been able to interview them, the officials said. ...

In March, a passenger wearing a fake explosives belt hijacked a domestic EgyptAir flight and diverted it to Cyprus. ...

In May, EgyptAir Flight 804 plunged into the Mediterranean, en route to Cairo from Paris, killing all 66 people on board. The cause of the crash is still under investigation. ...

Before the identities of the men who found the bag were revealed, Dina el-Fouly, a spokeswoman for EgyptAir, said that they were not EgyptAir workers and that the men shown in the surveillance footage did not resemble any of their employees. ...

Mr. Radwan's last public post on Facebook came a day before the attacks in New York and New Jersey. It is a video of a man urging people not to associate Islam with terrorism."
Bloody Muslims!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
tmcvey wrote:
tstone wrote:

Yankee, I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
tstone wrote:

The only way to stop a bad guy with a pressure cooker is a good guy with a pressure cooker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.