Rattle, Battle, Grab the Loot» Forums » General

Subject: Move away action when you can't move away rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry asked in an existing thread but didn't get a response.

Who do you move the NPS (non player ship) away from when it is exactly the same distance away from two different player's ships when it can't move away?

Example from last game:
I had a NPS land in the corner of the box and then my ship and another player's ship landed in a perfect triangle to the NPS. The ship in the corner activated a "move away" action due to its dice face. We were both exactly the same distance from the NPS.

It couldn't move away, only towards us (and wouldn't have moved far enough to pass either of us) since it was stuck in the box corner, so where does it go? Does it even move?

And if it does move and I am the first player, could I choose to move it closer to my ship so I can get credit for sinking it? We didn't let it move since it couldn't move away only towards, did we do it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang 24 hours and no responses! No love for this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty of love.

I would say the move away action would not be able to move towards the enemy and would be relegated to the corner of the box.

As for the distance rule in this situation, it would be very rare for both dice to be exactly the same distance. One of them is probably a hair closer than the other. If they are equally distant, I believe both get the win and you grab a spare die as a marker for loot distribution.

This also holds for boarding. If two ships are touching an NPC ship, both get the credit for boarding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I think we played it right then by not moving the NPS... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.