Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Belotta
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So playing this game has really inspired us to look into the history of the World's Fair of 1893. The game is fantastic and the subject matter is fascinating! Any plans for more, and more importantly, how about a little bit of Murder Castle action? Workers disappearing and the like?meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from St. Louis, so I'm hoping for a 1904 World's Fair expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Portugal for the 1998 one. Two weeks of vacation and yet I can only account for 6 hours of memories. Strange...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I was in Portugal for the 1998 one. Two weeks of vacation and yet I can only account for 6 hours of memories. Strange...devil

Wow...that is so surprising...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know. Six seems a smidge high, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chindogu wrote:
So playing this game has really inspired us to look into the history of the World's Fair of 1893. The game is fantastic and the subject matter is fascinating! Any plans for more, and more importantly, how about a little bit of Murder Castle action? Workers disappearing and the like?meeple

It's great to hear that you're enjoying World's Fair 1893! We do not currently have an expansion in the works but there are a few more promo cards that have not yet been revealed....

-Sara Erickson
Director of Sales and Marekting
Renegade Game Studios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

I was at the one in New York in 1964, and I have less than 6 minutes of memories. I was about 6 at the time. I do remember the souvenir hat with the huge plume. I've got a photo of that. As I recall, monorails supposed to be almost all over the place by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Belotta
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to know where and when promos could be found!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Flaherty
Italy
Nanto
Vicenza
flag msg tools
Loves eurogames, but social deduction games are cool too!
badge
Venice Carnivale 2015 (best costume seen)
mbmbmbmbmb
We got season tickets to the 2015 Milan World Expo (lots of great memories). Had never been to one before, and that inspired us to buy this game. Will try to make it out to the next one, Dubai in 2020...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it does get an expansion, even though there's not one in the works at the moment ^^.

I'd love to see 2 things:
- More variety in the influential people cards. Perhaps substituted in (So you'd always have 4 unique powers, but different ones each game).
- Different Worlds Fair's (As mentioned above, though I'd probably expect such things to be more standalone).

I'm also trying to figure out a little custom expansion (And something similar as an actual expansion would be cool, of course). I figured it could be fun to change the tickets mechanism so that at the end of each round, there's a short phase where people spend their tickets on things (Attractions maybe). I.e. rather than just getting points, you might spend them to boost yourself into the lead in an area, take first player for next turn or take one of the face-up cards from anywhere around the board.

But anyway, official stuff would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at the '86 Vancouver Expo. Although in my time researching World's Fairs I have to say the strangest thing I've read was that at the 1909 Alaska–Yukon–Pacific Exposition they auctioned off a live human baby and nobody knows whatever happened to it. Seattle reopens an investigation on it every 5 or so years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

Are you talking about "Expo '98"? I was there too, during my honeymoon! I still have the t-shirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.