Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To all of you relative veterans out there, I have a couple of rookie questions;

Starting Equipment; I see that the main box comes with 6 cards, and Wulfsburg comes with 4 more. As far as I can tell, these aren't specifically assigned to particular heroes per se, though logic would put the right tools with the right character. Is there an actual line somewhere about who gets what or are you figuring this out logically, trying new variations, etc?

Do other expansions like the Hero Boxes come with more starting equipment to better pair with the heroes contained within?

Lastly, if I was going to buy any of the Kickstart Exclusive heroes on the ol' eBay grey market, what should I be expecting to receive?

I'd imagine just the model and character card, but did they come with any other extras like more coloured pegs/bases? Any new keywords that have rules sheets to go with them?

I just want to know what to look for to make sure some vital component isn't left out accidentally/on purpose.

Thanks for the inevitable pro-tips on the above, to all that answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Outside blue skills that start you with something: there are 4 starting weapons.
Short sword
Hammer
Short bow
Mana blast

As far as eBay. It depends on the seller.

The group decides amongst themselves who gets what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the core box, wulfsburg and the hero box all come with starting equipment cards and pegs and bases as to support up to 12 heroes.
combined, wulfsburg and hero box have the exact same 6 starting equipment cards as the core box.

kickstarter exclusive heroes do not come with pegs, bases or cards (maybe only a large base if its a large base hero but cant remember).

some artist boxes contain a few extra item cards (but not starting equipment) and some come with large bases as some figures need a large base but no pegs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
The KE heroes do come with a hero card, but yes, that's the only card they come with. Plastic dude, character card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications everyone.

Especially with regards to any of the Kickstarter Exclusive heroes, I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting hosed, and I would only expect to see a model and a character card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The large based kse heroes came with colored bases too. (At least most of them did, I can't remember if they all did)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No they don't.
Only Guest Boxes that do have a large base offer a coloured Under-base with them.

That being said, I can't recall any KSE Hero with a large base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.