Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this game solely because Renaud Verlaque seemed to like it. I'm glad I did, and thank you Renaud!

It was a bit of a chore working through the rules, which suffer from poor organization and a few translation issues, even in the "living" version. Then, one has to scan the FAQ and errata, and a number of Q&A here in this forum.

But the effort reaps a big reward. This is an elegant and innovative game system, and once it clicks in the mind it is simple and quick to play. Best of all, the scenarios, taken in order, provide a history lesson on the development of tactics and technology on the Western Front.

I'm inclined to say that this is Landships distilled to the essence, but with more emphasis on infantry than tanks, and with far less verbiage. If you have an interest in the period, it's well worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thank you very much for your words. They are really appreciated.

If I understand, I have to "discard" my translator (yet it is her job, I believe).

The organization of the rules is the main issue of the game. I have to find someone who could help me in this task. Y'know, it is very hard to find someone who agree to help you when it is your very first game.

Landships! is the inspiration. I was close to buy a third copy of this game today
I like it very much. My goal is to add more tanks in No Man's Land.
Or perhaps, design a new game specifically dedicated to tanks.

One thing is certain: your kind feedbacks lead me to give you an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnauld wrote:
Thank you very much for your words. They are really appreciated.

If I understand, I have to "discard" my translator (yet it is her job, I believe).

The organization of the rules is the main issue of the game. I have to find someone who could help me in this task. Y'know, it is very hard to find someone who agree to help you when it is your very first game.

Landships! is the inspiration. I was close to buy a third copy of this game today
I like it very much. My goal is to add more tanks in No Man's Land.
Or perhaps, design a new game specifically dedicated to tanks.

One thing is certain: your kind feedbacks lead me to give you an expansion.

If you need someone to read rules for you I'd be more than happy to help. If anyone gets stuck with rule books it's me. I'd definitely be able to point out things.

Like I did when harassing you about NML before my videos laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnauld, give me a few days to complete another scenario or two, and then I'll write down my thoughts on improving the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 wrote:
Arnauld, give me a few days to complete another scenario or two, and then I'll write down my thoughts on improving the rules.

Geekmail sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.