4 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blitz attacks/Bessarabia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Tillett
msg tools
Two questions:

1. Player 1's force with a leader attacks the opponents force which is located in an all forest area. The attack is successful and now player 1 wants to conduct a blitz attack out of the forest area and into an adjacent area. Is this permitted or does the fact that the area player 1 is blitzing from is a forest prevent him from doing this.

2. Same facts as above except player 1 wants to make a regroup move (out of the forest area) following the successful battle in which he gained control of the forest. Is this permitted.

3. Can the USSR still annex Bessarabia after it has become a German ally (but before Germany and Russia are at war and obviously do this without creating a declaration of war against Germany)? Would it make any difference if Roumania/Germany has stationed units in Bessarabia?

I think the answer to each of the questions is "yes".

I am enjoying the game very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rtillett123 wrote:
Two questions:

1. Player 1's force with a leader attacks the opponents force which is located in an all forest area. The attack is successful and now player 1 wants to conduct a blitz attack out of the forest area and into an adjacent area. Is this permitted or does the fact that the area player 1 is blitzing from is a forest prevent him from doing this.

2. Same facts as above except player 1 wants to make a regroup move (out of the forest area) following the successful battle in which he gained control of the forest. Is this permitted.

3. Can the USSR still annex Bessarabia after it has become a German ally (but before Germany and Russia are at war and obviously do this without creating a declaration of war against Germany)? Would it make any difference if Roumania/Germany has stationed units in Bessarabia?

1 & 2. The only restriction on blitzing and regrouping is border limits apply (2 army units, a leader, and an air unit for clear, 1 army unit, a leader, and an air unit for all others). So yes, you can blitz or regroup out depending on whether the area is enemy occupied or vacant.

3. The Soviets can occupy Bessarabia as long as it is vacant. If Romania becomes a German ally and the Soviets had not occupied the area, the Axis player may deploy a unit/s there. This would then force the Soviets to declare war on Germany if they wanted to now occupy Bessarabia.

Glad you're enjoying the game. I appreciate the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ron D wrote:
rtillett123 wrote:
Two questions:

1 & 2. The only restriction on blitzing and regrouping is border limits apply (2 army units, a leader, and an air unit for clear, 1 army unit, a leader, and an air unit for all others). So yes, you can blitz or regroup out depending on whether the area is enemy occupied or vacant.

3. The Soviets can occupy Bessarabia as long as it is vacant. If Romania becomes a German ally and the Soviets had not occupied the area, the Axis player may deploy a unit/s there. This would then force the Soviets to declare war on Germany if they wanted to now occupy Bessarabia.

Glad you're enjoying the game. I appreciate the feedback.

Question 1 was also one I had. So apparently having to stop when entering a forest area does not prevent a unit from moving any further if this move is made by means of blitzing or regrouping, but ONLY during the movement phase. This could be stated more explicitly in the rules (although I have been playing it right, it is still a bit ambiguous).

Ron, will you have time to answer that whole list of questions of mine in the other thread (I hate to post another post like this, but...) or is the release of rules version 1.2 just around the corner? As I said, I personally hope the focus will be on clarifications rather than [too many] changes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Tillett
msg tools
Thank you for the reply.

I am enjoying the game and actually think that the rule book is clear...but obviously things can always be made better. Similiarly I think that the game's rules are balanced and sensible...both from a gameplay perspective and a historical perspective.

I very much like how the game board is a substantive part of the game design. You only realise this as you play the game...but I like it a lot. I also like the oval shape and the graphics. I only wish it were a bit bigger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.