Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, i really hope FFG will release a big playmat like the ones used for X-Wing or at least a couple of good looking standard size playmats!

Is there any playmats available from Call Of Cthulhu LCG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were Call of Cthulhu playmats produced for organized play swag, but never for regular sale. cry

I hope they do sell some playmats for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has made lots of playmats as swag to hand out as convention or event prizes. As far as I know they have never made LCG mats for direct sale, so I do not expect them to do so for this game either.

On the plus side, Call of Cthulhu mats should work great and you can find some on eBay or ask on Cardgamedb.com.

I have a couple of extras myself but it looks like shipping would potentially be an issue. If you're interested though, let me know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be some good Lovecraftian images around to have a custom one made up... I'll have a dig about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've been making Star Wars and Game of Thrones playmats for general sale since last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some for this game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are doing playmats in general these days.

Netrunner has one as well,

so I don't doubt Arkham will eventually get one.

Surprised LOTR doesn't have one, but maybe it's in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, 40k Conquest LCG has a two-player mat as well - picked one up a few months ago. Similar dimensions to the one in the Team Covenant vid, from what I can tell.

Seems like they've finally realised there's a market for these things, so I'd say there's a reasonable chance of an Arkham Horror mat at some point.

Here's hoping, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
samuraislyr wrote:
They are doing playmats in general these days.

Netrunner has one as well,

so I don't doubt Arkham will eventually get one.

Surprised LOTR doesn't have one, but maybe it's in the works.

Not only that, but in addition to just art playmats (which are cool), they've started doing practical playmats with board spaces delineated, which can be especially useful when you're starting out or teaching a game. E.g., for Netrunner: http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffguffs69.html

Unfortunately that came out years after NR came out (I just wound up printing my own) but if they come out with an Arkham LCG one of that type I'd be all over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Marion
Canada
Surrey
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that they will. With Netrunner and Game of Thrones LCG, they've moved away from including a game mat with their game/tournament kits and have now begun selling mats. I suspect had Conquest not been canceled, we would have seen the end of these in their kits as well seeing as they had one for sale.
Having many a Netrunner, Game of Thrones and even a Conquest mat, you would think there would be no need for me to also get an Arkham mat...but then you would clearly be insane!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a dumb question, but did anybody know what they were playing on in the Team Covenant video? They seemed to have some sort of playmat with different areas marked out on it. But I could be wrong, or it could've been recycled from another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be the mat FFG made for Demos. They make mats, just takes them a while (if ever) to put them into retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a really nice two player-size mat with branded imagery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I'd love a really nice two player-size mat with branded imagery.

Yep, I have the GoT Dany mat for teaching new players, and the Conquest mat because it organizes everything well. Would buy the A:NR mat if they put some actual imagery on it instead of the boring one they released, but oh well! They're moving in a good direction with these, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't they be single player mats? So each player can have one that matches their character?

Then maybe one to organize the Act, Agenda, Encounter deck & discards, but most especially to organize the location cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.