Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With me enjoying this and 7 Ronin lately, I decided to rewatch one of my favorite movies, Shichinin no Samurai.

As I was watching, I realized that all of the characters from this game correspond to one of the titular 7 Samurai. I thought it was really cool, and the art captures the samurai pretty well (though they did decide to go with Kambei before he shaved his head).
Then I was thinking, wait. Which one is Daisuke. Then I realized one of the Samurai is named after the actor Daisuke Kato, instead of the character he played (Shichirōji).

Well, besides for Shichirōji, all of the characters have corresponding characters in Samurai Spirit. Well I guess Shichirōji does too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Almost something clever.
My publisher asked me to change this specific name because it was hard to pronounce for many people Good catch man !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Almost something clever.
I thought if it was intentional it'd be due to pronunciation. Great job with the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.