Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always Funagain will be at BGG Con selling the latest and greatest games direct from Essen! We're very hard at work prepping everything but wanted to get out a post to let everyone know how this will work.

If you read this announcement last year (or previous years) things will function essentially the same.

There are essentially 2 different methods to making sure you get the games you want to BGG Con.

The first is to pre-order the games ahead of time and we'll deliver them for free. All orders, no matter the size will ship for free to BGG Con. Just use this code during checkout:

BGGCON2016

Your shipping charge will show when you select your shipping method but it will be removed during the final step. You can use this code as many times as you want, but if you use it on an order it will show up at the hotel, just make sure you have a way to get it home. There is no need to combine orders, you can order as many times as you like and everything will arrive. Please bring your order number(s) with you to the show. It will help us get the games to you more quickly. So if you're the kind of person that likes to make decisions beforehand that's your best option.

You can now all enjoy my hand drawn arrow screenshot which shows were to put the code:

We will not charge your credit card/PayPal account until the items are ready to ship to BGG Con.

We will also be bringing games with us for sale if you can't make up your mind or just like to shop. We're only going to be bringing new games with us. We will have a selection of NEW domestic and import titles, but will not bring older titles. If you want a copy of Ticket to Ride you'd better include it on a website order. However we will bring newer domestic titles.

There will be a cutoff date when the website code will no longer work and we'll be unable to accept any further order ship directly to BGG Con. The cut off date for the free shipping code is November 4th at noon Pacific time.

So that's the basics but here's a little more helpful information.

You can find our Essen 2016 category here:

https://www.funagain.com/control/catalogsearch?category_id=S...

This shows games that will be released at Essen, although it is far from showing everything released at Essen. Why is this list so important? Because the more you use it the better chance that we'll buy what you want.

We use this list to gauge how much and what to buy. So if you see something you want PLEASE pre-order, or if the game doesn't have a price then use the "notify me" button. We don't buy everything on this list we just buy what people are interested in. There are simply too many games at Essen to buy and bring them all back. Every year we get asked "Why didn't you guys get in Game X! I sooo wanted to buy it!" 99% of the time it's one of 2 reasons, 1) there wasn't any supply of it, 2) we saw no interest in the game before and during the show so we skipped it. Pre-ordering or using "notify me" is how we figure out what to buy.

This list is not complete. We're still adding games to it that we know folks are interested in, and there are always last minute editions. We are in the middle of preparations for Essen so this is list changing every day. So if you don't see what you want tell us! We'll do our best to add it to the list, and to buy it in Germany.

Not everything on this list has a price. As we get more information from publishers more prices will appear. In some cases we won't have a price until after the game gets back here in the US. However for those games which do have prices if you pre-order your price is locked. What this means is that if, after our shipment arrives, we decided we have to adjust the price of a game up the price you pre-ordered it for will not go up. However if that price can go down (and every year there are several games which go down in price) you WILL be credited the difference. You'll never be charged more for a game you pre-order but you might be charged less.

Pre-orders are handled in the order in which they are received. This means if you know you want a game pre-order it right now. Every year supply on some very popular games is limited. We might only end up getting 1/3 or 1/4 of what we want and can't cover pre-orders. When this happens we fill them in the order they were received. Pre-ordering something does not mean that you will get a copy. I know this sounds terrible but every year there is some confusion about what pre-ordering means. If you pre-order a game for BGG Con delivery it means that you have a reservation for said game. We will fill those reservations in the order they were received and will do everything we possibly can to get the games to you. There are several instances where things can go a little wonky. Sometimes I have an order in with a publisher but their games don't make it. Sometimes the game gets delayed for 6+ weeks and isn't available. Sometimes (though very rarely) games I had on order get sold out from under me and end up with somebody else. Sometimes the freight forwarder sends the entire shipment to Calgary and dunks 2 full pallets in a lake thereby ruining the entire non-shrinkwrapped contents (that is a true story).

If you pre-order game(s) that end up not being available for BGG Con we will e-mail you and let you know which titles will not be available. At that point you can decide to keep the pre-order active and have the games sent to you when they do arrive, or you can cancel your order.

You will get a special Essen goodie if we're able to get them as well. In normal circumstances the publisher is more than happy to include these with the games we buy and we then just turn them over to our customers. However we are talking about international shipping and many things can and do go wrong, so we can't guarantee anything. However, it's not usually a problem.

We will attempt to bring some VERY limited copies of multilingual/non-English versions of some games that were going to be released shortly in the domestic market. Please remember that in many cases there are publisher agreements on who can sell into what territory and we may not be allowed to bring back non-English versions to sell. If we can bring back some of these titles (and at this point we have no idea what they'll be) the numbers will be extremely limited and offered on a first come first serve basis. We're trying to walk a very fine line here of being able to provide gratification for some people who just want a hot new game no matter what language it's in, not stepping on publisher toes, and not be left hanging with foreign language games which were expensive to procure once the English editions arrive.

Games are generally expected into our warehouse late October or very early November. Sometimes things happen very fast and sometimes they happen very slowly, but it generally takes 2-3 weeks after Essen to have our shipments arrive in the US. I hope we'll have games in the Funagain warehouse just before Halloween. As we know more I will keep this thread updated.

I leave for Europe in 2.5 weeks. While I'm gone (for about 2 weeks) this thread will only be checked intermittently. So if you don't get an answer back right away please don't worry. It doesn't mean that we've forgotten about your order, or decided not to come to BGG Con, or are burning your games in a giant pile in the alley, it just means the guy who co-ordinates all this (me) is out of the country.

That should about cover it. You can post to the thread for any questions or e-mail our customer service at cs_general@funagain.com.

If you are NOT going to BGG Con in Dallas you can still take advantage of us going to Essen but ordering games as you normally would, we'll ship them to you as soon as they arrive.

So...TL;DR:

Get free shipping to BGG Con by going to Funagain.com and using the code:

BGGCON2016

We will be bringing very few, if any copies of soon to be released domestically available games.

Pre-order stuff you really want.

Thanks and we'll see you all in Dallas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to say thanks again for doing this. It's always appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
man if only you could pick up my kick starter copy of vikings gone wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you as always! I placed my first order and flagged a bunch of games with Notify Me, so here's hoping you can nab more stuff I want.

Last year you managed to get almost every single thing I wanted, which was both awesome and wallet-murdering. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. I entered my order for BGGCON delivery and specified PayPal for payment. It never took me to PayPal before confirming my order. Am I correct in assuming PayPal will happen when you know which items will be there?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
Quick question. I entered my order for BGGCON delivery and specified PayPal for payment. It never took me to PayPal before confirming my order. Am I correct in assuming PayPal will happen when you know which items will be there?

Thanks

We don't take your money (credit card or PayPal) until we know how much money we need to take. You will get a PayPal request to send money when we know what we'll have for you. This happens generally a week or so before BGG Con.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
Murfressboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmb
Nick,

What are the plans for domestic companies who may be showing/selling at BGGCon? Can we still pre-order those titles, or are you planning to defer to them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Nick,

What are the plans for domestic companies who may be showing/selling at BGGCon? Can we still pre-order those titles, or are you planning to defer to them?

I can't speak for FunAgain, but traditionally, if the publisher is on site as a vendor, then FunAgain will not bring it to the con. For instance, they have never had Z-Man games there because Z-Man has been on site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Nick,

Those vendors who wish to sell their own games have the right to do so and as such we don't sell their titles. However there are a large group who usually let us deal with the sales and they just demo.

We're still too far out for me to know the details (most everybody is dealing with Essen) but I would say that if, in years past, a publisher has sold their own stuff at BGG Con they will probably do so again.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,

I thank you for doing this.

My bank account hates you for doing this.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,

Thanks for offering this service again. I look forward to seeing you in November!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patiently waiting for When I Dream to be announced for sale. I feel like that game is going to be within the top 5 biggest hits being released at Essen. Honestly besides that I'm not very excited about the rest of the games, and I can patiently wait for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are so quiet this year...

Maybe I've finally answered ALL the questions?

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you complaining about the quietness? I'm sure we can make more noise if you really want us to whistle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to do my harassing in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LiteBulb88 wrote:
Are you complaining about the quietness? I'm sure we can make more noise if you really want us to whistle.

It's just totally unusual. I realized this morning I hadn't had a question in over a week. Up is down! Cats and dogs living together!

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:

-Nick

Why don't have my stuff yet? Sheez....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
I prefer to do my harassing in person.

As long as you remember that Harass is one word. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:

-Nick

OK I have one for you. I cannot attend the fall con this year but if I place an order and pay via Paypal and send the funds when asked can I have a friend pick up my order for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUL PRICE
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Brah, do you BGG?
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Nick, thanks for doing the essen pre-orders. I have a quick question, pre-orders for Lorenzo il Magnifico through the publisher have been listed as coming with two promo cards and perhaps another pre-order bonus but you would have to be there to pick up in person. Would this apply also to pre-orders placed through Funagain you think? Or likely not because you will not be preordering them from the publisher before essen and buying on the spot at the Convention? Just curious and thanks again for offering this service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafka wrote:
Funagain Games wrote:

-Nick

OK I have one for you. I cannot attend the fall con this year but if I place an order and pay via Paypal and send the funds when asked can I have a friend pick up my order for me?

Yeah that's ok. Just note that your buddy will pick up the order instead of you.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pjip wrote:
HI Nick, thanks for doing the essen pre-orders. I have a quick question, pre-orders for Lorenzo il Magnifico through the publisher have been listed as coming with two promo cards and perhaps another pre-order bonus but you would have to be there to pick up in person. Would this apply also to pre-orders placed through Funagain you think? Or likely not because you will not be preordering them from the publisher before essen and buying on the spot at the Convention? Just curious and thanks again for offering this service!

We get the fancy pre-order/bonus/Essen exclusive stuff if we get it. Most of the times we do but sometimes we don't. I know that's a super helpful answer but it's the truth.

If we do get it we'll include it with your order.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question,

I placed a pre-order for Pax Reconnaissance + Expansion and received the order confirmation, but never got directed to Paypal to pay. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Maybe I pay later?

thx in advance,
jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions:

I have preordered 7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon on your site. When will we know if you were able to get the 7 Wonders Duel: Statue of Liberty and metal promos that were given at Essen?

I'm very interested in Lorenzo il Magnifico. It's on "backorder" right now on your site. Does that mean all the copies you brought back have been preordered by customers already? If not, how do I order a copy for BGGcon? And if there are copies available to preorder, were you able to get the Essen promos for them?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_canak wrote:
Quick question,

I placed a pre-order for Pax Reconnaissance + Expansion and received the order confirmation, but never got directed to Paypal to pay. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Maybe I pay later?

thx in advance,
jeff

We don't take your money until we have the games and they are ready to ship to you/get delivered to BGG Con. You'll get a notification to pay when the time has come.

-Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.