William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for text based information on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Haugh
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Looking for text based information on it.

Ultra short version: RoboRally meets Descent2E with some legacy elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Matthews
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a programmed movement game from the same people who put out the video game League of Legends. Hundreds of minis, sealed missions, and loads of content that you get to over the course of campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd assume images are incoming, youtube vomited with videos this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd argue the "legacy" aspect is very weak. Looks like the missions are "secret" until you play them and some components are "secrect" until you need them, but Dice Tower said it didn't matter what order the missions are played in a spoiled the component reveal.

Looks kind of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
i'd assume images are incoming, youtube vomited with videos this afternoon.

Yeah, that is why I am here. My YouTube subscription list just blew up with videos about this game.

I can't watch the videos right now so I am trying to figure out what type of game it is. It looks like it is a campaign game where the campaigns are secret first time through with game components that are suppose to be secret until told to open. Sort of Legacy like, but no permanent changes, thus can be replayed. It also sounds reasonably priced considering the production quality.

Why is there not a good text description of this game. It's cool all these videos and audio reviews came out but for those of us currently in a position to not view or listen are wondering what this game is. Co-op campaign doesn't tell us anything. How is it co-op? How does it play? I do not like companies that answers FAQs with videos only. Videos are cool but also a text backup is helpful. I know once I get to a spot to view the videos it will be cool, but until then I just have to wonder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read up some on our website:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions

Hope that helps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
But you can waste the company's time on forums?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
GilbertMark wrote:

Who said he's paid for his time? Could be paid by output, self employed, or it could be a slow business day and he's done everything else he is supposed to do. Or maybe on a break.

Not that I think it's any of our business. It's between him, his employer and his colleagues (assuming he's an employee).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
GilbertMark wrote:

What he's doing is actually beneficial for his company.

Modern companies (i.e. mega successful internet companies like Riot Games) allow employees to decide on their own how they want to contribute to the company success.

What he's doing is traditionally called "Public Relations", an actually very important job for making products successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
alder99 wrote:
GilbertMark wrote:

What he's doing is actually beneficial for his company.

Modern companies (i.e. mega successful internet companies like Riot Games) allow employees to decide on their own how they want to contribute to the company success.

What he's doing is traditionally called "Public Relations", an actually very important job for making products successful.

I assumed he was referring to the OP, who says in the title he couldn't watch videos because he's at work. So the above comment is basically chiding him for using the internet to look at games while he's at work.

He didn't make it clear, so maybe I'm wrong, but if it was directed at Chris then he's even more wrong. So I figure I was being charitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.