GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,631 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Use of a battle mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that some system conflicts can be quite congested on the game board, so I've decided to introduce a battle mat. I found an image that has both a planet and space in it, and I'm introducing a Star Wars themed coin to mark the system under conflict. The coin has the Rebel Alliance icon on one side, and the Galactic Empire icon on the other. When the coin is placed onto the game board, the aggressor's icon is placed face-up.

Here is the battle mat I'm using:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice image.

Check the files section for other battle mats that have been proposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I like that one. I've been looking for something similar, and also doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is to simply make a color copy of the image, trim it down into a square, and then laminate it. It'll be sturdy, small-ish, and easy to breakout and use when the conflict is congested. And if the battle is small and easy to manage, then we'll just keep the battle on the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.