Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the latest newsletter and it appears that Trials will be going live this upcoming Friday the 23rd. Also, there is a blurb saying mentioning new promos (of course) but also saying the KS will be a way to get older promos as well:
Quote:
The Trials Kickstarter will also offer you a chance to get some of the elusive promos from our past KS projects, plus some new ones!

I can post the whole newsletter if anyone wants, but that is pretty much the gist of it: This Friday, new and old promos, get ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My body is ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But is your wallet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
But is your wallet?
Not at all, but I guess I have the length of the KS campaign to figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wallet is ready. No hemming and hawing on this one like with every other Kickstarter I've backed, waiting until the last day before pulling the trigger. I'm all in for BattleCON at this point, forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Kickstarter worked out.

Step 1: Divide cost of pledge by days in Kickstarter project. Put that amount aside every day instead of buying a coffee, lunch or beer.

Step 2: . . .

Step 3: Profit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
But is your wallet?

For once, yes.

I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
Coincidentally happens to be my birthday that day! Best birthday ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll end up getting it, but the art direction is starting to veer in the wrong direction. War Remastered came out and its pretty and awesome, but now we get characters like Uleye who are just not good.

I like the art of the previous games and messing with that consistency kinda sucks. The part I don't understand is they already have the assests from previous games. Why not stick with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rowder
msg tools
I do hope they dont stray away from the usual art direction. But currently, Trials is still fine, though i wont be familiar with the new base and the special box design they giving. What about Wars and Devastation? :\

I like updates and expansion, but not changes, if you know what i mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also can we get a complete storage option this time? The storage is one of the biggest things keeping this game from getting played more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DifferentPerson wrote:
I'll end up getting it, but the art direction is starting to veer in the wrong direction. War Remastered came out and its pretty and awesome, but now we get characters like Uleye who are just not good.

I like the art of the previous games and messing with that consistency kinda sucks. The part I don't understand is they already have the assests from previous games. Why not stick with it?

hm... I just compared the original art glimpses we got with the War Remastered KS (still available here: http://battleconnection.com/pledge/ (click on "Backer's Choice" to see the gallery)) to the ones contained in the Newsletter. It's not like they changed all too much:

There were no changes/new artwork for:
Amon Elcela, Burgundy XII, Dravil Coldwater, Lucida Malephaise, Wardlaw O'Brien

Complete redraws were done for:
Cindra Flama, Dareios Kuel, Uleyle Khimbe, Trias Blackwind,

When looking at the old art and the new art side by side, I think the new art is actually a lot better-looking.

completely new fighter:
Hayden Morgan

Also, on the box,
, it says "Illustrated by Nokomento". So, basically, nothing in the art has changed between this and Devastation/Fate/War Remastered. Except maybe, Noko is developing as an artist, which IMO is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Also can we get a complete storage option this time? The storage is one of the biggest things keeping this game from getting played more.

Yeah, I'd insta-buy a bunch of those little boxes for all the other parts of the series (come to think of it: for Strikers, and the Armory as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like all of the re-draws except for Dareios. For some reason, he looks like a total goofball to me now and he is probably my favorite or second favorite character from Trials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rowder
msg tools
dorktron2000 wrote:
I actually like all of the re-draws except for Dareios. For some reason, he looks like a total goofball to me now and he is probably my favorite or second favorite character from Trials.

I will +1 on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Yeah, I'd insta-buy a bunch of those little boxes for all the other parts of the series (come to think of it: for Strikers, and the Armory as well)

Count me in as well --- especially if the mini-boxes are large enough to hold the tokens that go with the characters. (oh and hold the cards with sleeves too...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hughey
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:

Brad said he wanted to do this at some point. There was a stretch goal during War: Remastered that wasn't made. I bet Brad makes it a little more attainable now that these 10 fighters will be tuckboxed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djfooboo wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Brad said he wanted to do this at some point. There was a stretch goal during War: Remastered that wasn't made. I bet Brad makes it a little more attainable now that these 10 fighters will be tuckboxed.

From the preview, a big box is in the plans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
djfooboo wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

From the preview, a big box is in the plans...

Great news. I don't have anyone to play with in the area, so it doesn't get played at all. But it would be an easier game to shop around to potential players at stores if it was easier to manage it. Right now everything is in the boxes they came in and I have only played the original War and Fate, while War 2E, Dev, and promos are unplayed. I bought long trading card boxes and sleeves and it is just too much work to start sorting it if I can't get it played. I would pay a good amount for a great-looking and easy storage solution. So if we finally have one on the way, that is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.