5 Posts

Ulm» Forums » General

Subject: Ulm vs. Orleans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Jeffrey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good day; this question will probably become more pertinent as the release date comes closer and folks have a chance to play this one, but here goes: Orleans has been on my must-have list for some time, and I was about to pull the trigger, when I heard about this. I like what I see so far, but I don't think that I probably need both games. Given the choice, should I get Ulm or Orleans? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.-M. Frieg
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i read the rules of ulm and played Orleans. Totally different games. Even the mechanics are not really the same. So Orleans is a great bag builder, so go and get it. Check out ulm if you can. From the rules it sounds more like a medium level game. Still sounds fun in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Jeffrey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Danke!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Canzi
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Don't hesitate, get Orleans now! It's so good. You can expand it with 9 more building tiles and the 2nd expansion is coming out soon which looks amazing. This is a top 3 game for me and everyone in my gaming group loves it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now played both and would have to recommend Orleans over Ulm, although Ulm is also a fun game.

-brainpattern
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.