Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little confused about the Mill.

So let's say I pay the required wood cost, place the Mill in a hex that produces oil, and two other workers are already there.

I take the produce action, and choose that hex to produce... What do I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
A little confused about the Mill.

So let's say I pay the required wood cost, place the Mill in a hex that produces oil, and two other workers are already there.

I take the produce action, and choose that hex to produce... What do I get?

Three oil, in addition to producing in the 2 (or 3) other hexes as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mill, if I understand it correctly, gives you a 'bonus' hex to produce in, when you produce. Suppose, for example you choose 'Produce' (on two hexes) and have your workers on two three hexes. You may produce on any two hexes your "produce" action allows, then get a bonus free production on the hex where your Mill sits. So, if your Mill is on a hex with a couple more of your workers, you get to produce 3 extra resources on that hex. IOW, the Mill acts like an 'upgrade' to your production ability. If you've already upgraded to produce on three hexes, the addition of the Mill will allow you to produce on up to 4 hexes!
Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mill acts like a worker, with the special power that it also activates the hex it is in for free when you take a production action.

This link puts it the most clearly:

How the Mill building works: The Definitive Guide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.