Trolls gold is a fairly abstract warfare game based on a hex grid with flexible terrain and simple resourse management.
The goal is to either defeat the other leader or steal their gold.
Currently there's three factions,
- the trolls are focused on bashing the leader and have some damage distribution and other things.
- the fey focus on stealing the gold and can chain spells for range and gain resources back faster
- the gnomes(gnomes of old norse folklore, they're not the nice and cuddly gnomes of WoW) can both bash and steal and do some mischief.
- Fairly easy to get into. Not that many moving parts, easy to get started with.
- Depth. Simple doesn't have to equal easy.
- None or little randomness, haven't completely decided.
- Clear graphics. It should be visible on each unit what it can do.
If you think chess, but played on a growing settlers of catan board, and with simple spellcasting you're along the right track. Combat works similarly to Neuroshima Hex but, currently at least, applied every round.
A turn have two parts.
- Return 1 resource from your pool
- Take two actions and pay any costs
A player has two actions. The same can be taken twice:
- Pay N resources to recruit a unit
- Move a unit
- Pay N resources to cast a spell
I'll post images from the latest prototype, protoype #8, in the next few days.
If anyone is interested I can write up the rules in English and post the graphics.
- Last edited Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:31 am (Total Number of Edits: 4)
- Posted Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:24 pm
...um, not really.
- Last edited Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:32 am
After some tinkering I found the flaw in pacing and now the game flows, just finished a solo playtest and I think it might be ready to face my friends and family. I'm a happy camper
The pixies barely managed to steal the goal before the gnomes stomped their leader.