Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Non-US distribution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It will be interesting to see how they are planing on doing non-US distribution.
Shipping from the US to Europe, and for me Norway is a PITA and will end up being to expensive.
Hope to see local distribution throughout the world so the rest of us can get a chance to get this game at an fair price as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this article details the production and gives lots of details, 1st print run is 30k, and possibly more translations/etc if things go well.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/19/12949698/league-of-legends-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
this article details the production and gives lots of details, 1st print run is 30k, and possibly more translations/etc if things go well.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/19/12949698/league-of-legends-...

Thanks for the link, after a quick browsing through the article it seems this is the only info about how to obtain the game:
Quote:
Rather than Amazon or local game stores, Mechs vs. Minions will only be available through Riot’s dedicated website.

However it does not say anything about whether or not they will have it in warehouses in locations other than the US.
Because as I said, shipping from the US is killing non-US customers (and that's when we'r talking about a _small_ game, but this is gigantic.
I still hope that they have actually thought of this and got the 30k copy's distributed to warehouses throughout the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rodney Smith's preview video featured the following in its description box:
Quote:
Shipping costs for the game:
• US: ~$8
• EU: ~€5-€10 varies by country
• CAN: ~$30
• AUS: ~$60
• NZ: ~$62
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info whether the game will be available by mid October or that is a pre-order date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qumad wrote:

I still hope that they have actually thought of this and got the 30k copy's distributed to warehouses throughout the world.

Well as far as I know the company itself is pretty spread out already, having their own locations in several different countries around the globe and while they might not have published many boardgames they do have quiet a bit experience with distribution of their videogames, I would asume.

And seeing how they approached the introduction of the game with reviews going live on many of the well known big review channels at the same time, they kind of seem to know what they are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Osmund wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, this seems to indicate that they got a warehouse in Europe at least.
Other shipping rates seems expensive tho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Esvath wrote:
Any info whether the game will be available by mid October or that is a pre-order date?

Their site says purchase date is Oct 13 11AM PST. I'm not sure if thats preorder or they are all printed up and ready to ship.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind regarding the shipping costs is that I think it was Rahdo who said the game weighs something like 16 pounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official forums:

Riot Catzpaw clarified that: "We're doing a simultaneous release in Europe and NA, so they should be available at the same from the merch store on 10/13. The initial wave is going to be 30,000 units in English and simplified Chinese, but you'll be able to download all the rulebooks and mission dossiers in multiple languages from the website."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuyley wrote:
Keep in mind regarding the shipping costs is that I think it was Rahdo who said the game weighs something like 16 pounds.

that wasn't me, but i just went and weighed the copy i've got: 11.8 pounds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qumad wrote:
Osmund wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, this seems to indicate that they got a warehouse in Europe at least.
Other shipping rates seems expensive tho

You'd better hope so, rather than it being subsedised, otherwise they're going to get a lot of annoyed customers when people get hit by customs charges. You'd think that they wouldn't miss this, but you never know, easier things have been missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
We currently offer a flat shipping speed for all orders, which varies by country/region. Our North American and Asian orders ship from Chicago, USA while our European orders ship from Berlin, Germany.

I think we'll be ok for custom charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been checking their website. They do offer decent shipping prices for their merchandise to Europe, but it's hard to say it that will be the case for their big heavy boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eternal Champion wrote:
Spukky wrote:
I've been checking their website. They do offer decent shipping prices for their merchandise to Europe, but it's hard to say it that will be the case for their big heavy boardgame.

It's actually pretty clear since it has been already confirmed: Shipping costs within Europe will be EURO 5-10 depending on destination.

(See above and the description in the Preview-vid on the "Watch it played"-channel)

the most important question is:
Are the games shipped from another EU country or from the US or China? I really wanted some official confirmation from Riot Games on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Muse23PT wrote:
Spukky wrote:

It's actually pretty clear since it has been already confirmed: Shipping costs within Europe will be EURO 5-10 depending on destination.

(See above and the description in the Preview-vid on the "Watch it played"-channel)

Are the games shipped from another EU country or from the US or China? I really wanted some official confirmation from Riot Games on this

Did you miss Iain's post? On the Riot Merch faq it clearly states that EU games are shipped from Berlin: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203612240-Ri...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reynaert wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Spukky wrote:

Did you miss Iain's post? On the Riot Merch faq it clearly states that EU games are shipped from Berlin: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203612240-Ri...

didn't see that Thanks...

Anyway, I think it will be almost impossible to get a copy of the game anyway... the hype is too high and I'll be at Essen that day so, with no wi-fi at the fair I'm willing to bet I will get no game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be 8pm in Essen when the sale starts. Maybe you can make it in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
reynaert wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Spukky wrote:

Maybe I could just collect it then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in how they will handle shipping to Canada. Their typical courier service appears to be through UPS. This suggests that if the game ships from a warehouse in the USA through UPS, Canadian customers could be looking at some exorbitant brokerage fees (often around the original price of the item). That would be in addition of the estimated 30 USD shipping. So, I'm thinking a 75 USD game could easily turn into >200 CAD with shipping and brokerage. The "amazing value" starts to dwindle at that price point and you can start to see the actual value of standard distribution channels (at least outside of the USA).

In any case, it looks like a beautifully produced game that I'd love to get my hands on for a reasonable shipping cost (including brokerage and duties). Hope we get some answers before the release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
The merch FAQ goes into this stuff. NA orders are shipped from Chicago and any import taxes are the buyers responsibility. Which sucks, but there it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decayn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Shipping from Chicago into Canada and leaving me to handle import/customs fees is fine. Shipping from Chicago into Canada using UPS however.... not so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decayn wrote:
Shipping from Chicago into Canada and leaving me to handle import/customs fees is fine. Shipping from Chicago into Canada using UPS however.... not so much

Agreed. I don't have a problem with distribution from Chicago. I just hope they can ship via USPS rather than UPS to Canadian customers. That means Canada Post handles brokerage at a flat fee of about $5 (plus applicable taxes). UPS is a no go for me.

EU and USA folks should be well served though. That's Riot's largest potential market, so most should be fine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried, you could put through a dummy order for something currently in their store to see what shipping options you're given (just bail before committing to paying). The site only lists UPS and I-parcel (which is just UPS from what I can tell) as possibilities however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decayn
msg tools
mbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
If you're worried, you could put through a dummy order for something currently in their store to see what shipping options you're given

I just did this and it listed the only option as I-parcel which apparently is a part of UPS. It also listed a fee for taxes and duties however so perhaps this is a service specifically for international shipping that takes these factors into account ahead of time so there are no surprise charges.

To purchase a $70 item I was quoted with $20 shipping and $13.06 taxes and duty to Ontario, Canada which is perfectly reasonable if there are no additional charges upon delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.