Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Robo Rally Legacy!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I simplify many things but that's my first impression after watching Dice Tower and Watch It Played's videos (and they have Rahdo to make video too!? What kind of conspiracy is this!?).

Anw, why can't I preorder it now, dang it!? Super excited for this game and hoping the final product and gameplay are as exciting as the videos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st print run is 30,000 i'm curious how quick those sell out. i'd say 1,000 will be zapped instantly by bgg'ers if not more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
1st print run is 30,000 i'm curious how quick those sell out. i'd say 1,000 will be zapped instantly by bgg'ers if not more.

I am personally not familiar with League of Legend, the original, video game. But some say that it has 1 million monthly players? If only 1% of that fan base are interested in this game, 30K copies won't be enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:

Hopefully there will be 1000 left after LoL players grab theirs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
jwspiker wrote:

I am personally not familiar with League of Legend, the original, video game. But some say that it has 1 million monthly players? If only 1% of that fan base are interested in this game, 30K copies won't be enough

according to the Polygon article there are 100 million monthly players for LoL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
jwspiker wrote:

Yes, it is an extremely popular game, and I think 1 million is a pretty low estimate (it is probably closer to 100 million). However, it is also an international game in the sense that many people who play it many be in a location that it is prohibitively expensive to import a game of that size and price.

Also it is not clear how much overlap in interest there will be since this game is nothing like LoL, and on top of that, I can say from experience that a significant part of the draw for a game like is the competitive aspect which is non-existent here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Yes, it is an extremely popular game, and I think 1 million is a pretty low estimate (it is probably closer to 100 million). However, it is also an international game in the sense that many people who play it many be in a location that it is prohibitively expensive to import a game of that size and price.

Also it is not clear how much overlap in interest there will be since this game is nothing like LoL, and on top of that, I can say from experience that a significant part of the draw for a game like is the competitive aspect which is non-existent here.

I see. Hopeful for getting the copy soon, then!

This does bring a question for me: if the board game is so different than LOL, which demographic is Riot aiming for this game? LOL players? Boardgamers? Both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
This does bring a question for me: if the board game is so different than LOL, which demographic is Riot aiming for this game? LOL players? Boardgamers? Both?
If you watch the Miami Dice video, Tom says that the guys at Riot were really into board games when he visited, and it sounded like this was more of a passion project for them than something specifically to generate sells. Also pretty much everyone seems to agree that they can't be making much money per box selling at the price which sort of backs that up as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.