Subject: The threat from within. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Go
Canada
flag msg tools
Mission report loading...

Log from engineer McGommy

This was only our third exit into space. We were all still pretty green and learning from a trial and error basis. The Captain, Ben, the on board officer, Rapho and me, McGommy the engineer.

I was getting pretty familiar with the lower deck, supplying energy where needed. I would roam the dark corridors hoping my colleagues would get rid of enemy ships and we would be able to take us home safe and sound. My mission was to make sure they never ran out of energy.

We got out of hyperspace as usual and the mission would unfold like any other when I received a message from the board officier:

"The droids are starting a riot, you must go to the lower blue deck and mash that C button to disable them"

Which I did.

Proud of myself for avoiding a life threatening menace, I proceeded to cross the lower deck to feed energy into the red section.

Upon opening the door, I was faced with an angry mob of red glowing eye robots.

"McGommy, this is officer Rapho.. made a little mistake you should have pushed the C button in the UPPER white section.."

Before the end of the sentence, I was unconscious on the ground being pummeled by our angry metallic friends.

Officer Rapho, wondering why the Laser cannon would be out of energy, heard the sound of the elevator coming to life, expecting my own person to come out of it with an explanation. Instead, a horde of furious android would pummel him also into limbo.

Meanwhile, the captain was staying behind in the cockpit, working the laser and wondering why our left lazer was not firing on the imminent threat coming our way.

To his surprise, what came was not the laser but a bunch of missiles. You see, I was ordered to bash the C button, thinking I was disabling robots, but what actually happen is I was launching all the missiles.

Our captain thus witnessed the destruction of the last enemy ship while an army of crazy robot was trying to force it's way into the cockpit.

We all survived, by an incredible stroke of luck, I waked up at the spaceport.

Officier Rapho was relieved of his duty and is now in charge of the computer.

We all learned something that day.

End of log...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Miller
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kbek_Libre wrote:

"McGommy, this is officer Rapho.. made a little mistake you should have pushed the C button in the UPPER white section.."

Should be "lower RED" or "UPPER blue" if he was supposed to be fixing battlebots, upper white is computer. If the Rapho id's going to correct himself, he should correct himself properly.

Funny story otherwise. Thumbs up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.