14 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: "promo" combat discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sean
msg tools
mbmb
Can someone please remind me where to get the "promo" combat discs for the expansion Nations? I tried going through the previous posts, but can't seem to find them again. I still don't understand why they aren't in the expansion, but whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The power dials (Richard has pointed out that's what you probably meant by "combat discs"), we haven't even designed them yet. They're a true promo product--completely unnecessary, but some people want them, so we'll make them for those people. We'll sell them through Meeplesource whenever they're ready (maybe 4-5 months).

My original comment came across a bit harsh, as I thought you were talking about the special Flag/Trap tokens that Meeplesource designed and is making as a premium upgrade for the cardboard Flag/Trap tokens in the expansion. My apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not available yet. Probably Spring/summer 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he is talking about the combat power dials (i.e. promo 8).

The reason they aren't in the game is because the base game doesn't come with dials for each faction either. It only comes with 2. The other 3 for the base game are also a promo.

They will be available in the BGG store and maybe also from MeepleSource (?) sometime after the expansion is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard. I'll edit my comment to talk about combat dials. They're such an unnecessary component that they didn't even occur to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Theriault
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, I've always been a big fan but your reply to this post comes off unreasonably rude and sarcastic. First, I think the OP is asking about the power dials (not the meeplesource tokens) which are indeed promo items. Even if he were talking about a 3rd party product, why not simply direct him to the item in question? Or just not reply at all if you don't feel like helping out? What does your post accomplish?

To answer the OP promo power dials are available from meeplesource (https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=STM616).

Edit: ninjad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usaairforceeod wrote:
To answer the OP promo power dials are available from meeplesource (https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=STM616).
Those are the base game ones. I think he was referring to the expansion ones which I don't think have a pre-order yet (Jamey can correct me if I am wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original game only came with 2 combat dials that just happened to have faction art on them. You only need two to play the game since you'll never resolve a 3+ way battle in one turn. Two more were added as KS stetch goals as promos. Although you may find them necessary to have, a lot of people would rather have save a little extra bit of money than have extra components that don't affect the game mechanics or variability.

Dials for the 2 new factions aren't in the expansions because they don't change gameplay and aren't necessary. Rather, they would be promo's that may possibly be printed as promos at some point. To my knowledge, there was never a confirmed date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill: You're right, my initial reply was unreasonably harsh due to my misunderstanding of a term not used in Scythe that I interpreted to refer to the Flag/Trap tokens. Perhaps I shouldn't have replied at all, though if you look at the question through that lens, you may see why it rubbed me the wrong way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
Jamey, you're all good. Hell, I didn't even see anything until just now lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sean, I appreciate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how could anyone find anything bad to say about Jamey Stegmaier.

Jamey for President. hahaha

not but seriously i'd vote for him...
seriously...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case, Joshua, I was totally out of line. But I appreciate Sean giving me the chance to apologize and edit my comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dofjc wrote:
Jamey for President. hahaha

not but seriously i'd vote for him...
Well, given the alternatives I find that understandable...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.