Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be CGE day at Amazon! Amazon has a lightning deal for Prodigals Club: $25.49, free Prime shipping, and it expires today at 7:20 PM EDT.

Prodigals Club @ Amazon

Prodigals Club @ BGG

Prices for the game at the large OLGS currently start at $31.99.

---

Expired with 12% claimed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [Amazon US] Prodigals Club $25.49. Expires 9/19, 7:20 PM EDT.
Great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning!!! At the pottom of the listing is the following: "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page."

As far as I can tell, if you don't change the setting, Amazon will ship it by just sticking the shipping label on the shrink wrap and shipping it without a shipping box!!

Be careful!

Edit: I've added a thread on this under Discussing Retailers: Watch out ordering from Amazon.com! Looks like some items ship without boxes by default!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
It's already a box, why does it need another one? -Jeff Bezos

Same thing with Fury of Dracula sold by Amazon. I didn't see it until I placed the order, and then had to cancel and quickly reorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
Warning!!! At the pottom of the listing is the following: "This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page."

As far as I can tell, if you don't change the setting, Amazon will ship it by just sticking the shipping label on the shrink wrap and shipping it without a shipping box!!

Be careful!

Edit: I've added a thread on this under Discussing Retailers: Watch out ordering from Amazon.com! Looks like some items ship without boxes by default!

I've never had them ship a game without a shipping box. They do however fail to put any packing material in the box though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:

Be careful!

I've never had them ship a game without a shipping box. They do however fail to put any packing material in the box though.

Agreed on the lack of packing materials. This crap looks like it's new.

I should add that I'm an Amazon Prime member, shop there a lot, and generally am a fanboy, but this is just too far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted, thanks for the heads up on that. I successfully cancelled and reordered at the lightning deal price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Yorkston
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I voted for Kodos
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain that the game will ship packaged in an external box in both cases. In the former case, the outside of the box will just indicate what is inside. If you are shipping this as a gift, this can be problematic (or if you're trying to hide your purchases from your non-gaming spouse).

I've ordered games with this warning and the games have arrived inside the standard corrugated, brown, cardboard box without any damage. The label on the outside just said what the box contained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boredbeyondbelief wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the game will ship packaged in an external box in both cases. In the former case, the outside of the box will just indicate what is inside. If you are shipping this as a gift, this can be problematic (or if you're trying to hide your purchases from your non-gaming spouse).

I've ordered games with this warning and the games have arrived inside the standard corrugated, brown, cardboard box without any damage. The label on the outside just said what the box contained.

Not to say you're wrong, but I've never received an Amazon box labeled with what was inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
TedMarshall wrote:
boredbeyondbelief wrote:

Not to say you're wrong, but I've never received an Amazon box labeled with what was inside.

I have. Usually it just means that the item itself shipped to Amazon in that box so they didn't bother repacking it in a new Amazon-branded box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Angel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Called Amazon and even though I didn't select the option to ship in an Amazon box, they verified that this would come in a standard brown cardboard box with a shipping label affixed to the outside of said box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me with a lego box. Bought the millennium falcon for my son. Came shipped in the lego box (no shipping box) with the shipping labels stuck all over the lego box. It was also severely crushed, not to mention almost ruined the surprise had my wife not been there to intercept it. I had to return and reorder with that box checked. The new one came in a typical amazon box in great condition.

I don't mind that they do this for items where you just open it and throw the box away, but they need to identify items would get ruined if the box is damaged, or stickered up. Like items stored in the box (games) or items that are collectables for some people (like lego).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ocbrad wrote:
Called Amazon and even though I didn't select the option to ship in an Amazon box, they verified that this would come in a standard brown cardboard box with a shipping label affixed to the outside of said box.

Go check out my other thread: Watch out ordering from Amazon.com! Looks like some items ship without boxes by default!. Reports are coming in of games shipping without boxes, just labels on the shrink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

Go check out my other thread: Watch out ordering from Amazon.com! Looks like some items ship without boxes by default!. Reports are coming in of games shipping without boxes, just labels on the shrink.

I noticed on the Amazon listing for Super Vampire, it says something like "The packaging will identify this product. If you want it to not be visible, select Ship in Amazon Packaging at checkout."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

Prodigals Club just arrived: shipping label stuck to the shrink wrap. A couple of the corners are lightly scuffed, but otherwise it seems to have survived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

Prodigals Club just arrived: shipping label stuck to the shrink wrap. A couple of the corners are lightly scuffed, but otherwise it seems to have survived.

Thanks for the info, and I'm happy to hear it's mostly in good shape.

Thanks again to Ted for pointing this out. I'll be sure to look more closely when ordering games from Amazon in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

Oh man, I was hoping this was an urban myth. What are they thinking over there?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came in perfect condition, well packed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Tineren wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

Oh man, I was hoping this was an urban myth. What are they thinking over there?!?

I'm still having trouble believing this - how about some pictures - even Tanga packs things in a plastic bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
We've gotten Lego sets (someone else describes the same thing in the link below) and "family"-style activities/games like this but no proper games yet.

https://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20discussions%20feedback...

Honestly, as long as the game is shrink-wrapped first I wouldn't care since I'm not picky about box condition and Amazon always makes good on complaints if something major came up.

I'd still rather have a $1 digital credit than no box, if they're trolling the Hot Deals section of a niche hobby site for business feedback and happen to see this. I'll take a $2 digital credit AND no box though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Super bummed I missed this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Angel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived today and was packaged in an Amazon box even though I didn't select the option during checkout. I wonder what the determining factor is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
Tineren wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
ocbrad wrote:

I'm still having trouble believing this - how about some pictures - even Tanga packs things in a plastic bag.

Sorry, no pictures since the first thing I did was open it to check the inside. I really didn't expect them to actually ship it in just shrink.
As to why others got normal packaging, it could depend on what Amazon warehouse it originated at. Mine came from Whitestown, IN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also just came in shrink... didn't get a photo before my youngest got to it and opened it up. All the corners are marred and just a slight ding so if you want your game boxes pristine this is definitely something that needs to be looked out for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ocbrad wrote:
My game arrived today and was packaged in an Amazon box even though I didn't select the option during checkout. I wonder what the determining factor is?

I wonder this too...mine was in an Amazon box, as usual, with one of those air cushioners at the top so it didn't move around. Maybe different warehouses are doing the packing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.