Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: CUSTOMER SUPPORT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
A word of caution to anyone who plans to buy Age of Conan. Do not expect good customer service. I was asked to pay 15 dollars through paypal, so I could get 4 replacement figurines shipped to my location.

I decided I am happy with my game as it is.

UPDATE: The reason I was asked money for shipping is because I didn't buy the game from Ares Games. I bought the game while it was still a FFG product.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I did not expect that from Ares Games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear it...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had great help from Ares! I had lost two models from my WotR game and got them promptly replaced for a quite reasonable $10!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
My game came with 4 broken figurines. I bought the game retail, unopened, a few years ago. They couldn't send me replacements immediately since they had no stock. This year they started shipping Age of Conan for their backers so they had extra pieces. They wanted money, though.

I'm glad at least somebody is happy with the service.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
I had great help from Ares! I had lost two models from my WotR game and got them promptly replaced for a quite reasonable $10!


Wow, I wouldn't be happy to pay $10 to replace 2 models. Although it was user mistake so being able to pay and get replacements might not be that bad.

If figures are broken or missing from a new game though, I wouldn't expect to have to pay anything for them, at most, just shipping.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Mattias wrote:
I had great help from Ares! I had lost two models from my WotR game and got them promptly replaced for a quite reasonable $10!


Wow, I wouldn't be happy to pay $10 to replace 2 models. Although it was user mistake so being able to pay and get replacements might not be that bad.

If figures are broken or missing from a new game though, I wouldn't expect to have to pay anything for them, at most, just shipping.

If it's broken from a NIS game I shouldn't even have to pay shipping.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Fanhoni
Italy
flag msg tools
Dear Old News,

You hadn't bought the game from Ares, but before we started to distribute it. Even so, we were ready to provide the four figures you asked to replace, without costs except the shipping, as our Customer Care informed. We are very sorry that international shipment is so expensive, specially considering the small value of the figures itself, but it doesn't depend on us.

For customers who buy games published and distributed by us, we don't use to charge shipping costs for replacements, and it applies for people acquiring The Age of Conan Strategy Board Game since May 2016.

Regards.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
AresGamesPR wrote:
Dear Old News,

You hadn't bought the game from Ares, but before we started to distribute it. Even so, we were ready to provide the four figures you asked to replace, without costs except the shipping, as our Customer Care informed. We are very sorry that international shipment is so expensive, specially considering the small value of the figures itself, but it doesn't depend on us.

For customers who buy games published and distributed by us, we don't use to charge shipping costs for replacements, and it applies for people acquiring The Age of Conan Strategy Board Game since May 2016.

Regards.


I can see your point. I completely forgot that Age of Conan changed hands. I am glad that Ares doesn't charge shipping of replacement parts in normal circumstances.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Under European law it would probably be illegal to charge anything when replacing missing pieces from a new game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
Under European law it would probably be illegal to charge anything when replacing missing pieces from a new game.


Nope. Det är det inte
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
azjerei wrote:
Mattias wrote:
Under European law it would probably be illegal to charge anything when replacing missing pieces from a new game.


Nope. Det är det inte

It is under Swedish. You may even be entitled to compensation if you had to pay anything to return a faulty product...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, good to know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.