5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Wargames in the villages around Northampton? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard Duckberg

Alabama
msg tools
Are there any others in the villages around the Rugby/Northampton area? With Warzone workshop closing down and the weather closing in traveling the 35 minutes into Northampton is getting less appealing.

Hoping I can find some folks a bit closer to home and get a games club going in the villages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title suggested to me lots of NATO tanks, soldiers, etc driving round Northamptonshire...

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Duckberg

Alabama
msg tools
I would hope not, but maybe on a long enough timeline GW will start producing models that big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Sargeant
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
Search for 'Northants Board and Card Gamers Collective' on Facebook
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked out Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry? I know they have a couple of game nights and plenty of events and its a great venue.
http://www.battlefieldhobbies.co.uk/

Also if board and card games are your thing feel free to take a look at the 'Northants Board and Card Gamers Collective' facebook group and post up on there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/northantsboardandcardgamersc...

All the best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United Kingdom
Irthlingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday Night: Wargames Workshop MK games night at their shop in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday nights: Northants Wargamers in the Roadmender in Northampton, all kinds of games played and a very large club.

Wednesday nights: Battlefield Hobbies gaming night (may be friday too now).

Thursday night: Newport Pagnell Board Gamers in the British Legion in Newport Pagnell. Very friendly bunch but boardgames only and the odd cardgame.

Friday Night: Wargames Workshop (both) Friday Night Magic.
Friday Night: New Warzone Workshop has opened this week on the otherside of the city centre near argos so I'm guessing their friday night wargaming will be back on.

Weekends: General open gaming at Warzone afaik, events at Wargames Workshop (check their facebook pages for calendar), Northampton Warlords club every other sunday ish (they've just changed location so can't remember where they are), Northants Board and Card Gamers Collective have an event every few months that looks good (I will make it one day!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.