Subject: Solitaire scenario? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LKM 2023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone played this solo (first scenario)? If so, can you explain how it plays as I cannot get this from the rules. I see no rules for AI. The scenario described as solo just seems to be a smaller/shorter one than the others but perhaps I am missing something? Is there a solo way to play aside from playing all sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no AI for this one, you are just playing out two whole turns, that is ten rounds of play, as the single empire and then comparing how well you do with the listed victory point table. You can optionally add more challenge by including the raiders and outworlder rules. It's pretty much just a learning tool, although you do also use it as a starting point for a campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LKM 2023
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Would you say the game is worth seeking out for solo play or does it mostly feel like a learning exercise for the more complete "better" game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that playing this game, and it's forerunner Empires of the Middle Ages, is much more enjoyable as a multi-player experience rather than solo. While you can play this solo, and I have done so, this is one of those games where there are certain mechanics such as each side spending for certain actions against each other, or handling Special Sessions of the Confederation, that are designed for multiple players. Yes you can gin up some mechanics to solo play these things out, and if you're OK with doing that or just playing things on the fly that's great, but there are other games out there that are either easier to play solo as they don't have hidden mechanics, or that have specific solitaire systems like Struggle for the Galactic Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.