Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about the milestone card available in the first game after the prologue, An Island Revealed.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The text in the captain's book for all of the other milestones available in game one instructs the player to mark the milestone down on the historical record and then destroy the milestone, but that is not true for this card.

My assumption is that this is an oversight, especially since the instructions in the captain's book for this milestone can only actually be done once.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be logged and destroyed like the rest, or is it supposed to be left as a bonus 3 glory for future games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that all milestones are destroyed when they are claimed (Rob has posted this in the forums) and all milestones are recorded in the Historical Record (I remember reading this somewhere, but I'm not sure where). I agree this is not clearly stated in the Captain's Booke for every single milestone, but I think this is an oversight when it's not explicitly stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sabash wrote:
Question about the milestone card available in the first game after the prologue, An Island Revealed.

The text in the captain's book for all of the other milestones available in game one instructs the player to mark the milestone down on the historical record and then destroy the milestone, but that is not true for this card.

My assumption is that this is an oversight, especially since the instructions in the captain's book for this milestone can only actually be done once.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to be logged and destroyed like the rest, or is it supposed to be left as a bonus 3 glory for future games

You're correct, it's an oversight. It should be logged and destroyed like the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
You're correct, it's an oversight. It should be logged and destroyed like the others.

Also, is the +2 gold cost for the advisor only applied if that player pays in gold, or do the have to pay the +2 gold if they buy it with reputation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyght wrote:
Also, is the +2 gold cost for the advisor only applied if that player pays in gold, or do the have to pay the +2 gold if they buy it with reputation?

I thought the cost is only the gold cost but looking at the rulebook that's not so clear at all. It would be very reasonable to say that the reputation cost increases from "1 reputation" to "1 reputation + 2 gold". I still think that it's only the gold cost but I'm not that confident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lotze
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also curious about the answer to Slyght's question, as well as this one...
If the province owner chooses to keep their +2 gold advisor at the end of the game, how does that affect the winner's choice of advisors? E.g., since "The player who won this game may only keep an advisor if its gold value cost is lower than that of any other advisor kept by a player.", if the province owner keeps what would be a 2 gold advisor for others, but for them is a 4 gold advisor, would that prevent the game winner from keeping a 2 gold advisor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spidere wrote:

My group is playing that
the +2 gold increases the cost to hire the character regardless of how you choose to hire him. I haven't seen any official comments on this; this is just how we decided to rule it.

Quote:
If the province owner chooses to keep their +2 gold advisor at the end of the game, how does that affect the winner's choice of advisors? E.g., since "The player who won this game may only keep an advisor if its gold value cost is lower than that of any other advisor kept by a player.", if the province owner keeps what would be a 2 gold advisor for others, but for them is a 4 gold advisor, would that prevent the game winner from keeping a 2 gold advisor?

My literal interpretation of this is that
the +2 sticker represents an additional surcharge for that specific player, and the "gold cost value" of the advisor hasn't actually changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dries
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi JR, I have a question about part 2 of this entry:

Regarding add Research (2) sticker to my Leader Card - does this come from from the upgrade sheet? If so, during Train Advisors at End of Game, there will be one less upgrade sticker available (for 5-player game). What should we do? Thx in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Slyght wrote:

I thought the cost is only the gold cost but looking at the rulebook that's not so clear at all. It would be very reasonable to say that the reputation cost increases from "1 reputation" to "1 reputation + 2 gold". I still think that it's only the gold cost but I'm not that confident.

Players do not have to pay the gold cost if they're using reputation instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
spidere wrote:

My group is playing that
the +2 gold increases the cost to hire the character regardless of how you choose to hire him. I haven't seen any official comments on this; this is just how we decided to rule it.

Quote:

My literal interpretation of this is that
the +2 sticker represents an additional surcharge for that specific player, and the "gold cost value" of the advisor hasn't actually changed.

The additional cost doesn't affect the gold value of the advisor, so it has no effect on end-game resolution.

It's simply an additional cost when that player wants to purchase that advisor - once the advisor is purchased, the cost can be considered non-existent (unless it makes its way back into the forum to be purchased again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.