Hide
6 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion» Forums » General

Subject: Components very different - common? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil K
msg tools
I got both the base game and the lost legion expansion together. Everything lookEd awesome but as soon as I opened the LL expansion I could immediately tell it felt different from the base. The back of the tiles were very different shades from the base. I contacted the support and they said this is within their range of tolerance which seems really ridiculous for something that should be consistant and will really impact the game. There are only 3 of each type and one of the scenarios you lay them all out on the table... I saw this on a couple of threads but I wanted to make sure that this is a universal problem and not fixable. If so I don't really get why it has such high ratings everywhere considering the poor component control... plus customer service didn't help at all or even try. I heard maybe a way to fix it is to roll dice and draw the number you rolled perhaps? Any other fixes people came up with? Or is mine just more extreme of a difference than other people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
Very common issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil K
msg tools
OK ya. At least I know there is no way to get a good one I guess? What are some of the fixes you guys do? Paint the back? Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
This thread has a nice tip regarding the issue:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23741486#23741486

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil K
msg tools
ok awesome thanks for the input! Still bummed that WizKids couldn't have handled it better but I will try to work with what I got I suppose. Luckily I don't think WizKids has that many good games other than this so I won't have to deal with them again haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same problem here. Mine is from new print of LL and tiles have noticeable shade difference. No other component issues. Kinda bummer but not game breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.