$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Legendary Marvel players in the Atlanta area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc DoctorSquared
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I just moved (back) to Atlanta and would like to find someone to play Legendary Marvel with in the area. There are several comic book stores, but none that have tournaments right now. Message me if interested. Thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anderac wrote:
I just moved (back) to Atlanta and would like to find someone to play Legendary Marvel with in the area. There are several comic book stores, but none that have tournaments right now. Message me if interested. Thanks in advance!


There are quite a few game gatherings around, but none that I know of are specific to Legendary.

I happen to really enjoy Legendary and own a good number of the expansions as well; however I live in Peachtree Corners, so if you are averse to going outside of the Perimeter, that could pose a barrier.

I'm not available often, to be honest, because I have two children and my wife travels frequently for work (she's actually out of the country right now) but I'm much more available if I can host.

In any case, I hope you find what you are looking for!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary is probably my favorite game out there. Currently we live in Roswell, but are looking to buy a house soon. If you find a group that plays, let me know. I am just as interested as you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jjones2013 wrote:
Legendary is probably my favorite game out there. Currently we live in Roswell, but are looking to buy a house soon. If you find a group that plays, let me know. I am just as interested as you!


Where are you moving to (if you know) ?

In any case, while I wouldn't be available to travel now when my wife isn't in town, I could certainly during times that she is available make my way to Roswell. Similarly, I could also host (pretty much any time). I'm about two minutes away from 140 off Spalding.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc DoctorSquared
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
@Matt D and @jjones - I live very much ITP, but I found a place in Decatur/Avondale (My Parents Basement) which serves both food/beer and allows you to play games at their regular dining tables. I have every single expansion for Legendary, the cards are all sleeved and properly stored. If you guys would be interested in meeting in Decatur one Saturday afternoon to play let me know. I have been playing off and on the past few months with my wife and some friends, but I have always been the leader/teacher for the games, and so would be nice to get together with some people who have been playing for a while.
Post below or direct message me if your interested.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anderac wrote:
@Matt D and @jjones - I live very much ITP, but I found a place in Decatur/Avondale (My Parents Basement) which serves both food/beer and allows you to play games at their regular dining tables. I have every single expansion for Legendary, the cards are all sleeved and properly stored. If you guys would be interested in meeting in Decatur one Saturday afternoon to play let me know. I have been playing off and on the past few months with my wife and some friends, but I have always been the leader/teacher for the games, and so would be nice to get together with some people who have been playing for a while.
Post below or direct message me if your interested.


I've been there. It's a really cool place.

As much as I appreciate the invite, I probably wouldn't be able to make it. If I happen to have time on a Saturday (which is a rarity) there's a very well populated meetup that is literally three minutes from my home on Saturdays. While I've never had to leave a game night due to an emergency (and knock on wood never will) my wife would feel more comfortable with me that close versus being 20 or so minutes away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc DoctorSquared
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Do they play legendary at this meet up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anderac wrote:
Do they play legendary at this meet up?


I've been going for about three years, and I've seen it played once.

So yes, I do understand that the two are different. If I had my way, I probably would eschew the meetup at least once in a while to venture down and play Legendary as it is one of my top ten. But I just don't think it's in the cards for me.

BTW, I know it's totally not the same thing, but have you considered any of the Legendary leagues online here on BGG? Season 8 of the long term league is about to start within the next few weeks (it lasts three months I think) and there is a weekly challenge every week. And every month there is the starter league.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sweat
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
i would love to meet up and play. I live in midtown
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc DoctorSquared
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hey Scott, shoot me a personal message and we'll meet up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody in this thread know of any FLGS that will carry the OP kit once released? I'm very interested in getting anything in the kit, mainly the mat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.