Nick Jolliff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of Descent 2nd edition that I have yet to get to the table. Picked it up because minis, but the 1 v many style didn't really click with my group(read my Wife) and so it has never hit the table.

How easy is it to get into the game using the Road to Legend app without having ever played it before? I have played FFG's other new app-based game Mansions of Madness 2nd edition and absolutely cannot get enough of it. It is incredibly intuitive and straight-forward. How does Road to Legend stack up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It assumes you know the rules, but it's pretty easy to learn. Basically you should like it if you like the mansions app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
ZombieWaffle wrote:
I have played FFG's other new app-based game Mansions of Madness 2nd edition and absolutely cannot get enough of it. It is incredibly intuitive and straight-forward. How does Road to Legend stack up?

It's not as straight forward as MoM but it's not too bad. I learned second edition by reading through the rules and then doing the tutorial quest solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
The rules for Descent are quite easy but there are a ton of moving parts. The basic rules are straight forward, but they can change dramatically from mission to mission, they can change based on what monster types are at play, who the heroes are, their classes and equipment. Because so much can change from game to game you really need a solid understanding of the basic rules. That includes reading the rules reference, checking out the rules reviews on BGG, and doing the tutorial in RTL.

Being prepared is the best way to have as smooth an expierence with RTL as possible. Trying to cheap out on time learning the game now, will only waste much more time later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.