Subject: Romulan Advanced Cloaking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Nickson
Australia
Erskineville, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
How are players dealing with this tech? If the Romulans are either lucky or smart (when playing with the superior Advanced Rule Focused Research optional rule), they will develop this tech.

Two Romulan Warbird fleets can permanently threaten the home systems of two players. This forces those players to respond by pinning their fleets in their home systems. The Romulans are then free to plunder the galaxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
The Feds can deal with it with tech. The Klingons can only deal with it by going on the offensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
The Feds can deal with it with tech. The Klingons can only deal with it by going on the offensive.

which is how it should be lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
having the tech that lets you exhaust an opponents espionage tech (and military in some cases) can help a lot to deny the romulan advanced cloaking benefits, and im sure it will be the prime target of these cards.

the romulans cant expect to keep it active the whole time.

now, if someone was able to steal it while its still a project, that would change the whole situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bevan
Canada
flag msg tools
I found the ability to enter warp when attacked to be just as useful as bypassing as it allows you to delay your opponent and then strike first on your turn, combine the two and this card is very strong. (yes they get their command back for the attack but they still had to leave warp to initiate the combat)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Jensen

Arizona
msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
now, if someone was able to steal it while its still a project, that would change the whole situation.

This happened to me in the second game I played. I was playing the Feds and my brother was the Roms. He drew an exploration card that had had him pick a player and we look at the top research card of each others deck. The players then got the choice to keep the project or discard. I got the Roms Advanced cloaking as the Feds and completed the research .

He tried to remind me that due to the Kitimer accords the feds were not allowed to have cloaking tech, but I told him that we had not signed the accords (no trade agreement hee hee).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrakosDJ wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

This happened to me in the second game I played. I was playing the Feds and my brother was the Roms. He drew an exploration card that had had him pick a player and we look at the top research card of each others deck. The players then got the choice to keep the project or discard. I got the Roms Advanced cloaking as the Feds and completed the research .

He tried to remind me that due to the Kitimer accords the feds were not allowed to have cloaking tech, but I told him that we had not signed the accords (no trade agreement hee hee).

Nice thematic banter one of the reasons I love this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.