Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua kritz
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Hello,

it might sound a bit weird, but, inside the Essen spieltage fair, the stands get american dollars as payment? or only euros? i'm planning my trip so i really need to know...

thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only euros. You may arrange and pay purchases before the fair, but I doubt if any stand at the fair (or Essen) will accept any other currency
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schölling
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
From my experience: it depends.

Euros accepted everywhere, but companies from outside Germany often accept their local currency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meow San

Chaos Realm of the Soul
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think it'll make the vendor's life easier if you only use Euros especially on sunday when u try to strike some bargains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order Treachery In A Pocket today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Most companies have their games available for pre-order with Spiel 2016 pickup and so you can make most of your purchases from home to avoid having to convert large amounts of money.

EDIT: (as Nushura said)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Behrooz Shahriari
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Meowsan wrote:
i think it'll make the vendor's life easier if you only use Euros especially on sunday when u try to strike some bargains

If someone really wanted my game and only had another form of currency, I'd accept anything as long as I was 100% sure it was legit money.

Meaning that I'd basically only accept EUR and GBP unless someone I absolutely trusted nearby was intimate with that currency.

Without wanting to speak for several other UK-based companies that I interact with, I imagine they'd all be happy to accept GBP and might accept USD but would be a bit inconvenienced as then we would need to work out a fair price and we wouldn't have change so you'd need to pay the exact amount and it'd make life a bit more difficult after our return.

Frankly, I'd almost rather take EUR than GBP at Essen as it makes it simpler to remember what everything should cost.

For you, this can actually help you determine & enforce a budget. Choose your budget, then take out that much cash (and a little bit extra for emergencies). :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.