Subject: Interpreting FD then flip FU horror check app text. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
App Horror check reads: "Investigator XXX has lost his way, suddenly desperate for a familiar landmark or clue to his location. Investigator XXX suffers 2 Facedown Horror (OBS negates). Then he flips 2 Horror Faceup."

Not sure how to work this out. I'm using William who has OBS 4. I roll 4 die and get 1 success, I imagine negating 1 FD Horror, so I only take 1 FD Horror instead of 2.

So do I then place only 1 FD Horror, then flip it FUp? Or if I already had 1 other FD Horror from a previous phase, do I flip both the new one and old one to satisfy flipping 2 Faceup?

Thanks in advance....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do exactly what it instructs. You take 2 horror minus however many successes you have. Then you flip a total of two random horror cards faceup. So even if you took zero cards from the horror check because you rolled two successes you would still flip up two random horror cards (assuming you had two).

If you took 1 or 2 horror cards from the horror check, you add them to your current horror cards, shuffle them and then turn two face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaysonOl wrote:
App Horror check reads: "Investigator XXX has lost his way, suddenly desperate for a familiar landmark or clue to his location. Investigator XXX suffers 2 Facedown Horror (OBS negates). Then he flips 2 Horror Faceup."

Not sure how to work this out. I'm using William who has OBS 4. I roll 4 die and get 1 success, I imagine negating 1 FD Horror, so I only take 1 FD Horror instead of 2.

So do I then place only 1 FD Horror, then flip it FUp? Or if I already had 1 other FD Horror from a previous phase, do I flip both the new one and old one to satisfy flipping 2 Faceup?

Thanks in advance....

Your second option. You receive 1 new FD horror. If you only have 1 in total you then flip it face up. If you already have several FD horror you shuffle them up and flip 2 face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.