Subject: Rebellion Event and Siege Warfare Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebellion: "Turn over the top card of your Draw deck until a location you control..."

Are you supposed to put each card you turn over onto the discard pile? Leave them in the same order at the top of your draw pile?

Siege Warfare: "You start all land battles in fortified areas with +1 strength whether attacking or defending"

Does 'areas' = towns or cities? Or does it refer to one of the four map areas in the game?

My opponent is attacking my fortified town and has this card in play. I'm assuming this means that my fortification bonus is nullified as she'll get a +1 to attack which negates my +1 defense. If I didn't have a fort there, does that mean the card doesn't affect that combat, since it's not a fortified area?

If I'm attacking her and she has no fortifications, then the card has no effect? If she does, then she's getting +1 for the fort and another +1 for the card effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSleep wrote:
Rebellion: "Turn over the top card of your Draw deck until a location you control..."

Are you supposed to put each card you turn over onto the discard pile? Leave them in the same order at the top of your draw pile?

Yep. That card can really screw you if you have a high empire deck vs. location ratio. Sometimes, deck thinning can hurt you.

MrSleep wrote:

Siege Warfare: "You start all land battles in fortified areas with +1 strength whether attacking or defending"

Does 'areas' = towns or cities? Or does it refer to one of the four map areas in the game?

It refers to a location with a fort marker in it. Locations are either "open" or "fortified." If you have it and they are attacking your fortified area, the modifiers are cumulative. The card has no effect on open areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McVety
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
MrSleep wrote:

It refers to a location with a fort marker in it. Locations are either "open" or "fortified." If you have it and they are attacking your fortified area, the modifiers are cumulative. The card has no effect on open areas.

And if they have it and they're attacking my fortified area, then I lose my +1 and that's the only effect it has (the +1 from the card negates the +1 from my fort).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSleep wrote:
airjudden wrote:
MrSleep wrote:

And if they have it and they're attacking my fortified area, then I lose my +1 and that's the only effect it has (the +1 from the card negates the +1 from my fort).

The fort gives you 2 strength points, not 1. See 5.1.1

Here is how defense breaks down. These are all cumulative:

- any location. Move the defense marker to the 1 position in favor of the defender.
- The location is Syracuse, Lilybaeum, Carthage, or Rome, Add 1 strength in favor of the defender (these locations have a sword icon by them on the map along with a supply symbol).
- Fortification. Add 2 strength in favor of the defender.
- Defender holds the Siege Warfare card and attacks a fort. Add 1 strength in favor of the defender.
- Attacker is holding the Bad Omens Random Event card. Add 1 strength in favor of the defender.

Here is how it works out. You are Rome. He attacks Syracuse. Syracuse has a fort. It doesn't matter if it is town or city:

1) You hold the Siege Warface card: he would place his battle strength marker on the red 5 space on his battle track before he started committing swords to the battle.

2) Nobody holds the Siege Warfare card: start on the red 4 space.

3) He (Carthage) holds the Siege Warfare card: start on the red 3 space.

4) If Syracuse wasn't fortified, it doesn't matter who had had the siege warfare card, it would start on the red 2 space.

Make sense?

Likewise, these would push initial attack 1 space each in favor of the attacker:

1) Attacker holds siege warfare card and attacks a fort.
2) Attacker is Carthage and holds Celtic Allies strategy card.
3) Defender is holding the Bad Omens Random Event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Where the heck did this interest in WW1 come from?
badge
Ashwin in thoughtful mood
mb

One more clarification on the rebellion event card. It says remove a cube which refers to a town. If you have a city there do you downgrade it to a town or remove the whole city or ignore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Torni
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

- Defender holds the Siege Warfare card and attacks a fort. Add 1 strength in favor of the defender.

Did you mean: - Defender holds the Siege Warfare card and his fort is under attack. Add 1 strength in favor of the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Torni
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

One more clarification on the rebellion event card. It says remove a cube which refers to a town. If you have a city there do you downgrade it to a town or remove the whole city or ignore?

Should say "cube or disc".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.