Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Williamson
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all! I recently purchased Kraftwagen and have been meticulously going through the rules to make sure I understand before my next game night. On page 10, the rule book talks about the two preferences- 1st, preference 2nd, price. This makes sense to me. A little further down, the rulebook states that a car sold to a buyer with the price preference also gains a white marker matching the sale price marker. This is the part I am confused about. Does the extra marker go to the price preference blue tile buyer or any time someone sells due to having a better price? Hope this makes sense because I feel like it is a big rule to skip or to fumble around with my game group. Thanks for your thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuzzyWuzzy wrote:
Hello all! I recently purchased Kraftwagen and have been meticulously going through the rules to make sure I understand before my next game night. On page 10, the rule book talks about the two preferences- 1st, preference 2nd, price. This makes sense to me. A little further down, the rulebook states that a car sold to a buyer with the price preference also gains a white marker matching the sale price marker. This is the part I am confused about. Does the extra marker go to the price preference blue tile buyer or any time someone sells due to having a better price? Hope this makes sense because I feel like it is a big rule to skip or to fumble around with my game group. Thanks for your thoughts!

That passage describes the method for breaking ties when more than one car has the best value for the buyer's preference. Lower price wins ties. The only time someone gets an extra price marker is when the buyer's preference is price; it makes up for taking the car with the smallest price. Using price as a tiebreaker does not earn the player any extra price marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Williamson
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for you help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuzzyWuzzy wrote:

It all boils down to this: when the buyer with the price preference buys a car, the seller receives twice the price. Or, thematically: the car is so cheap, the seller sells two at the time.

So if the buyer buys the cheapest car because of price preference, say a 5 worth car, the seller receives the 5 point token from the car and another (white) 5 point token from the reserve.

Makes sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Williamson
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense, maybe I was reading too much between the lines while I was going through the rule book. With your explanations, I am confident with the rules! Thanks a bunch for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding background here with direct quotes. The overall heading for this section on page 10 is "II. Scoring of Buyers"

The first sentence of this paragraph applies to all buyers. The second sentence is specific to any price buyer. Note the word "additionally".

If a car has been sold, the owner takes its colored price marker and places it face-down in front of him. If a car has been sold to a buyer with price preference, the owner additionally takes a white price marker of the same value as the colored price marker on the car from supply and places it face-down in front of him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.