$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
41 
 Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Dear LoL Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WELCOME TO THE GEEK AND OUR ANALOG WORLD!!!

Come on in, there's plenty of room. You're gonna love it here, believe me. If you like what you see in Mechs vs. Minions, you're not gonna believe what else is out there. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump in and have fun.

Again, welcome to the BEST gaming community in the world!
94 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a couple of us are both hardcore League players AND board gamers! laugh But thanks for that benevolent welcome!
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah. Been here for almost a year. I'm lurking this game half because of interest but half because I want to see League players being linked to this and being told to practice their farming with this. (Yeah... my salt levels from LoL is still high...)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and it's not complicated to post to our forums.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, welcome! Thank you for playing Lol enough that Riot was able to publish such an awesome looking board game and sell it for an incredible price! Now do note that while you'll discover other games here of great component quality, MvM is not the norm when it comes to the ratio of cost vs. what comes in the box!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My favourite computer game having an official board Game thats actually good and not just rebranded Monopoly, did not think that would happen. Very excited over here.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Vre
msg tools
I love LOL but I also hate it because I play so much of it, leaving me with little to no spare time for my other hobbies (books and board games).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
MvM is not the norm when it comes to the ratio of cost vs. what comes in the box!


No one can stress this point enough.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
LoL is for casual players. Play a real game. Play DotA 2.

Welcome to BGG, you scrubs, now get the fuck out of my lane and stop taking last hits.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
LoL is for casual players. Play a real game. Play DotA 2.

Welcome to BGG, you scrubs, now get the ____ out of my lane and stop taking last hits.

Please don't bring that garbage to BGG.
67 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Deschenes
Canada
Wallaceburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
Yeah. Been here for almost a year. I'm lurking this game half because of interest but half because I want to see League players being linked to this and being told to practice their farming with this. (Yeah... my salt levels from LoL is still high...)


Uninstall your Board Game n00b.

whistle
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:


Again, welcome to the BEST gaming community in the world!
Someone has never seen a gender or race equality post about a boardgame before...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
VaeVictis666 wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:


Again, welcome to the BEST gaming community in the world!
Someone has never seen a gender or race equality post about a boardgame before...


All board game players are sexist and racist. I know it's true because I read it in a thread once that's now in the murky depths of RSP.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Ra
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Interesting
badge
Dance Dance Dance
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
There's a couple of us are both hardcore League players AND board gamers! laugh But thanks for that benevolent welcome!


Hear. Hear. Not that I am hardcore just got to Platinum on my main account so that's at least top 9%

and behind my computer we have Fury of Dracula setup and playing a 2 player game of

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Wassmer
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
ShotgunGames wrote:
There's a couple of us are both hardcore League players AND board gamers! laugh But thanks for that benevolent welcome!


Same here. LOVE both LoL, and I have 100+ boardgames. This is a marriage of dreams come true. And even better yet, it seems like an extremely high quality and very solid game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is LoL these days? I haven't played in 3+ years
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
How is LoL these days? I haven't played in 3+ years

They rotate in different game modes for the weekends, which is cool for me since I'm not big on the time sink that the normal game mode is (if you want to stay good).

ARAM and some of the other game modes are good fun though, and usually have less complaining/trolling to boot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
coldkorn wrote:
How is LoL these days? I haven't played in 3+ years

They rotate in different game modes for the weekends, which is cool for me since I'm not big on the time sink that the normal game mode is (if you want to stay good).

ARAM and some of the other game modes are good fun though, and usually have less complaining/trolling to boot.


That's interesting. The time sink was why I quit... Pursuing my now wife seemed more important laugh

Less trolling is great news. Maybe I'll roll out old chogath again sometime
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Migue Rodríguez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most League players won't end up being board gamers.. though I suppose they'll give it a try.

But it won't last. Videogamers and boardgamers are natural enemies. Like Dota players and LoL players! Or WoW players and LoL players! Or PS4/Xbox1 players and LoL players! Or LoL players and other LoL players! Damn LoL players! They ruined League of Legends!*

The more, the merrier!! I sure hope this game is actually worth the hype it has created!

*No offence to LoL players, note that Simpson's reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lYXaVkA0U
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Ra
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Interesting
badge
Dance Dance Dance
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
How is LoL these days? I haven't played in 3+ years


Salty as hell

still one of the worst gaming communities there are. luckily i was a boardgamer first
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Miguy25 wrote:
Videogamers and boardgamers are natural enemies.


Are you serious? Most boardgamers I know play some video games (and vice-versa actually).

I for one play about equal amounts of each, including over 2,000 LoL matches (though I'm all about Overwatch these days).
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:


Are you serious? Most boardgamers I know play some video games (and vice-versa actually).

I for one play about equal amounts of each, including over 2,000 LoL matches (though I'm all about Overwatch these days).


I'd say most board gamers I know also play video games, but definitely NOT vice versa. Most video gamers I know have no idea anything exists beyond Monopoly (I should know, I was one of them until this past December).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
Indeed, welcome! Thank you for playing Lol enough that Riot was able to publish such an awesome looking board game and sell it for an incredible price! Now do note that while you'll discover other games here of great component quality, MvM is not the norm when it comes to the ratio of cost vs. what comes in the box!



WTF --- Just checked out your board game room

Totally off the chart AWESOME !!! thumbsupthumbsup
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:


Are you serious? Most boardgamers I know play some video games (and vice-versa actually).

I for one play about equal amounts of each, including over 2,000 LoL matches (though I'm all about Overwatch these days).


I'd say most board gamers I know also play video games, but definitely NOT vice versa. Most video gamers I know have no idea anything exists beyond Monopoly (I should know, I was one of them until this past December).


Most video gamers you know have never played Magic? Werewolf? Munchkin? I see tons of this sort of thing going down at video game cons I've attended. I'm sure most are at least aware.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.