Subject: Conservatory Tile Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter T
msg tools
badge
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the upper right section of the tile connect to the lower left section? I can't tell if it's a door or a wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that the same tile with the Yard? If so, yes, it's a door. Sorry, but I don't have my game with me to check what that tile is.

Just to be certain, you are talking about a 2nd edition tile as well, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T
msg tools
badge
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, 2ND edition. There's a porch with a chair and a table in the middle of the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle wrote:
Yep, 2ND edition. There's a porch with a chair and a table in the middle of the tile.

So is it the one with the Yard being the outside room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Boone
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're looking at the tile that contains the Conservatory and the Garden Path. (The reverse side has Front Street and Storefront.)

Looking closely at my tile, it certainly looks like there is neither door nor room-dividing line in the narrow spot between the Conservatory proper and the stony walkway thing in the opposite corner... which would mean that the tile has one big sort of hourglass-shaped space (named "Conservatory") dividing the two parts of the grassy area (named "Garden Path").

That's what's actually *printed* there.

However, what's printed there seems to make little sense, because:

1. The Conservatory's name box is colored to refer to an indoor room, but half of the big "hourglass space" is clearly happily outdoors, and,

2. The outdoor portion of the tile is called "Garden Path", and it's be just silly to use that particular name to refer only to the parts of the grassy area that don't look like a garden path, while excluding the part that does look like a garden path.

3. It sure looks like there really oughtta be a door there, doesn't it?

Therefore, while I haven't yet encountered this particular tile in a game, unless the app informs me of something that changes my mind, I think I'm going to assume that there's a door dividing the Conservatory from (what I think should be) the actual Garden Path space.

Hopefully this will be in a FAQ someday... or the app will just instruct us to place a door token there whenever the tile shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Gamesquall wrote:
Looking closely at my tile, it certainly looks like there is neither door nor room-dividing line in the narrow spot between the Conservatory proper and the stony walkway thing in the opposite corner... which would mean that the tile has one big sort of hourglass-shaped space (named "Conservatory") dividing the two parts of the grassy area (named "Garden Path").

There definitely is a door between the one space Conservatory and the three space Garden Path.

This door has "flanges" on both walls either side of this door which is often used to indicate a door. The more clearly marked door (that leads off the tile) also shows these flanges.

While the two windows show a dashed yellow line, there isn't a white of yellow line for the door between the Conservatory and Garden Path.

The lack of a white/yellow line is common. Take a look at the following 2nd Edition tiles.
Yard 4 / Tool Shed
Root Cellar / Yard 3
Storefront / Front Street

None of these tiles have yellow lines to show a door. I don't think any of the 1st Edition tiles show a yellow line for doors "inside" the tile.

Even the 2nd Edition tiles rarely show a yellow line. Some do but I think most don't. In fact, the only tile I can find that shows a solid yellow line for an internal door is the Dining Room / Kitchen large tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grif Grif
msg tools
xris wrote:
Gamesquall wrote:

There definitely is a door between the one space Conservatory and the three space Garden Path.

This door has "flanges" on both walls either side of this door which is often used to indicate a door. The more clearly marked door (that leads off the tile) also shows these flanges.

While the two windows show a dashed yellow line, there isn't a white of yellow line for the door between the Conservatory and Garden Path.

The lack of a white/yellow line is common. Take a look at the following 2nd Edition tiles.
Yard 4 / Tool Shed
Root Cellar / Yard 3
Storefront / Front Street

None of these tiles have yellow lines to show a door. I don't think any of the 1st Edition tiles show a yellow line for doors "inside" the tile.

Even the 2nd Edition tiles rarely show a yellow line. Some do but I think most don't. In fact, the only tile I can find that shows a solid yellow line for an internal door is the Dining Room / Kitchen large tile

Interestingly enough, the yellow line in the Dining/Kitchen tile means that it doesn't act like a door. Therefore, range can be counted through it, as it's marked as just a "border".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.